Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
ABI where is a contraind for compression therapy
- bad shit
- grows over eyes, over joints (RA)
- grows more when body's at rest
r and r^2 description
- r value is the Pearson product-moment correlation coefficient
- r^2 is the coefficient of determination (the percentage of variance that is shared by the two variables that are correlated)
boggy endfeel, felt when?
fluid within joints, such as blood
(not with an absess -- that'll give an empty end feel)
collection of pus with swelling and inflam around it
radial tunnel is where
- lat ant elbow
- lat border: ECRL, ECRB, Brachioradialis
- med border: biceps and brachialis tendons
- floor: capsule of radiocarpal jt
anterior interosseous is a branch of what nerve? does what?
- pronator quadratus
- radial half of FDP
how do deep neck flexors react to chronic forward head pos?
they get weak
primary purpose of pursed lip breathing
help prevent the collapse of pulmonary airways during exhalation
By preventing airway collapse and air trapping in the lungs, pursed lip exhalation does what to residual volume
in standing perturbations, what body parts are used for slight, larger, and strongest perturbations?
- knees and hips
- take a step to increase BOS
dyspnea and the pink, frothy sputum would suggest the presence of
heart failure and resultant pulmonary edema
knowledge of results and random practice pattern -->
long term retention
knowledge of performance may give faster acquisition, but not retention
usually sudden, often during the night or early morning
classic findings of gout
warmth, swelling, and severe pain in the first metatarsophalangeal joint
most common type of arthritis in men over 40 y/o?
little kid order of transport activities
basal cell carcinoma
rate of dev?
- hair-bearing areas exposed to the sun, such as the face, neck, head, ears, or hands.
- They grow slowly to 1-2 cm after years of growth.
squamous cell carcinoma
- ear, face, lips, mouth, and dorsa of the hands.
- They are small, red, hard nodules.
they're concave proximally and convex distally
technique for Semmes-Weinstein monofilament testing
press until the filament bends
chest tube drainage collection reservoir should be where?
below heart -- hanging on side of bed is good
purpose of continuous passive motion machine
- increase ROM
- (nothing about DVTs or length of stay in hospital, or even contractures)
- interosseous membrane --> navic, cuneiforms, 2-4 metatarsal bases
- tibia n. (L4-5)
- PF and inv
upper tibia --> medial cuneiform
- deep fibular (L4-5)
- DF and inv
Murphy sign in the fist
- 3rd MCP jt is even with 2 and 4
- indicates lunate dislocation
- scaphoid shift test
- hold scaphoid, move from ulnar to radial dev, look for a clunk and pain
symptoms of sign of the buttock
- Buttock large and swollen and tender to touch
- Straight Leg Raise (SLR) limited and painful
- Limited trunk flexion
- Hip flexion with knee flexion limited and painful
- Empty end feel on hip flexion
- Non capsular pattern of restriction at hip (flex,abd,IR)
- Resisted hip movements painful and weak esp hip extension
plantar grasp reflex is characterized by
- curling of the toes when a child is held supported in standing position
- normal up to 9 months
Difficulty standing up from a sitting position is usually indicative of
mechanical (disc) pain
ulnar n in the hand
- all interossei
- ulnar lumbricals
- adductor pollicis
lacunar vs hemispheric lesion presentation?
lacunar pt should have improved motor recovery
when should rehab start post CVA
within 20 days
abnormal lymph node will feel
- firm to hard
- be mobile or non mobile
- tender or nontender
- no temp elevation over skin
- over the distal anteromedial knee, then along the tibia, to ankle and medial foot
- can be compressed as it exits the adductor canal.
- Flexion of the knee past 60° can reproduce symptoms of saphenous nerve impingement.
cn III vs cn IV
- III: oculomotor - controls inferomedial muscles, levator palpebrae, pupilary contsrictors
- IV: trochlear - controls inferolat/med (not sure) mvmnt
pos for mobilizing median n
- shoulder abd
- elbow ext
- wrist ext
pos for mobilizing ulnar n
- shoulder flex
- elbow flex
- wrist ext
pos for mobilizing radial n
- shoulder ext
- elbow ext
- wrist flex
use what precautions with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
which angina occurs at rest
- (unstable can happen any time)
CD4 count in pts with HIV?
< 200 cells/mL
the 3 primary risk factors for atherosclerosis
- smoking, high BP, hyperlipidemia
- (sedentary, fat, and stress are secondary risk factors)
which nerve root for DF?
- L4 for tib ant
- btw, all the ant compartment muscles are deep fib L4-5 (tib ant, EHL, EDL, fib tertius)
tenderness to palpation where in knee is indication for radiographs?
fibular head or patella
Ottowa rules - after a knee trauma, x-ray if any of the following are pos
- age 55 years or older,
- tenderness at the fibular head or patella,
- inability to flex the knee greater than 90°,
- or inability to weight-bear for four steps
parathyroid gland is responsible for
- calcium and phosphorous metabolism
- bone calcification
- protein synth
- helps with calcium and phosphorus metabolism
adrenal gland is primarily responsible for...
- fluid/electrolyte balance
- helps with secondary sexual traits
pituitary -- it does lots of things, including secreting gonadotropin, which regulates sexual dev
pelvic floor muscles are innervated by...
pudendal n (S2-4)