Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The process of moving a group in a direction through mostly non-coercive means
Define Effective Leadership
The process of moving yourself and others in directions that are ultimately in the long-term best interests of all stakeholders
What do Effective Leaders Do?
- 1. Search out challenging opportunities to change, grow, innovate and improve.
- 2. Experiment, take risks, and learn from the accompanying mistakes.
- 3. Envision an uplifting and enabling future.
- Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to their values, interests, hopes and dreams.
- 4. Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to their values, interests, hopes and dreams.
- 5. Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust.
- 6. Strengthen people by giving power away, providing choice, developing competence, assigning critical tasks and offering visible support
- 7. Communicate effectively by sending clear messages and using empathetic listening
- 8. set the example by behaving in ways that are consistent with shared values.
- 9. achieve small wins that promote consistent progress and build commitment
- 10. recognize individual contributions to the success of every project.
- 11. Celebrate team accomplishments regularly.
components of credibility
C (or B) = (C + T) where
c=credibility B=Believability // C=Competence T=Trust
Three Components of competence:
- 1. Technical / Organizational
- 2. Emotional
- 3. People
Trust = (C + H + A + R + C + O + A + L) where...
- C = Confidence
- H = Honesty
- A = Approachability
- R = Reciprocity
- C = Consistency
- O = Openness
- A = Acceptance
- L = Likeability
the practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit.
Aristotle's Pillars of Persuasion
- Logos - logical
- Pathos - emotional
- Ethos - character
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview