Card Set Information
Leadership Development CMS
Leading with Positive Influence Study Guide
The process of moving a group in a direction through mostly non-coercive means
Define Effective Leadership
The process of moving yourself and others in directions that are ultimately in the long-term best interests of all stakeholders
What do Effective Leaders Do?
1. Search out challenging opportunities to change, grow, innovate and improve.
2. Experiment, take risks, and learn from the accompanying mistakes.
3. Envision an uplifting and enabling future.
Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to their values, interests, hopes and dreams.
4. Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to their values, interests, hopes and dreams.
5. Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust.
6. Strengthen people by giving power away, providing choice, developing competence, assigning critical tasks and offering visible support
7. Communicate effectively by sending clear messages and using empathetic listening
8. set the example by behaving in ways that are consistent with shared values.
9. achieve small wins that promote consistent progress and build commitment
10. recognize individual contributions to the success of every project.
11. Celebrate team accomplishments regularly.
components of credibility
C (or B) = (C + T) where
c=credibility B=Believability // C=Competence T=Trust
Three Components of competence:
1. Technical / Organizational
Trust = (C + H + A + R + C + O + A + L) where...
C = Confidence
H = Honesty
A = Approachability
R = Reciprocity
C = Consistency
O = Openness
A = Acceptance
L = Likeability
the practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit.
Aristotle's Pillars of Persuasion
Logos - logical
Pathos - emotional
Ethos - character