The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is duty
A duty is something you must do by virtue of your position and is a legal or moral obligation
Noncommissioned officers have three types of duties:
- specified duties,
- directed duties
- implied duties.
related to jobs and positions.
- such as Army regulations, Department of the Army (DA) general orders, the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), soldier’s manuals, Army Training and Evaluation Program (ARTEP) publications and MOS job descriptions
- specify the duties.
are not specified as part of a job position. A superior gives them orally or in writing.
Directed duties include being in charge of quarters (CQ) or serving as sergeant of the guard, staff duty officer, company training NCO and NBC NCO, where these duties are not found in the unit’s organization charts.
support specified duties, may not be related to the MOS job position.
These duties may not be written but implied in the instructions. In most cases,these duties depend on individual initiative
Responsibility is being accountable for what you do or fail to do
- Authority is defined as the right to direct soldiers to do certain things.
- Military authority begins with the Constitution,
two basic types of authority
- command authority
- general military authority.
Command authority is the authority leaders have over soldiers by virtue of rank or assignment
General military authority
General military authority is authority extended to all soldiers to take action and act in the absence of a unit leader or other designated authority
basic responsibilities of a NCO?
- Maintaining discipline
- Maintaining government property
- Training soldiers
- Ensuring the welfare of the soldiers
- Executing the mission
What FM covers NCO Duties Responsibilities and Authority