Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Hyperglycemic agent
- Pancreatic hormone
- Insulin antagonist
- Increases blood glucose levels by stimulating glycogenolysis.
- Unknown mechanism of stabilizing cardiac rhythm in betablocker OD
- Minimal positive inotropic and chronotropic response
- Decrease gastric motility
- AMS when hypoglycemia is suspected
- May be used as an inotropic agent in betablocker OD
- Adult: Hypoglycemia - 0.5-1 mg may repeat in 7-10mins
- Calcium channel/Beta blocker OD - 3mg initially, followed by 3mg/hr infusion if necessary
- Peds: Hypoglycemia - 0.5-1mg
- Calcium channel/Beta blocker OD - Not recommended
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview