Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are prokaryotes?
- Prokaryotes are cells that do not have a membrane bound nucleus. eg. Bacteria
- Eukaryotes are vice-versa and example of one is a Muscle cell and nerve cell.
What is cell theory?
- Cells are the basic units of life.
- Cells arise from pre-existing cells
What are the characteristics used to define life? (MRS GREN)
Movement: All living things move, even plants as they move towards sunlight
Reproduction: All organisms need to reproduce to keep the species going so they don't die out. (plants produce seeds)
Sensitivity: Organisms need to be aware of their surroundings.
Growth: All living things grow and get bigger
Respiration: All organisms need energy so they can perform tasks, obtained from food.
Excretion: All organisms make waste.
Nutrition: All living things need food. Plants cook food through photosynthesis.
Name all parts going from the top down.
- 1. Subjective lens
- 2. Coarse adjustment
- 3. Barrel
- 4. Fine adjustment
- 5. Revolving nose piece
- 6. Arm
- 7. Clips
- 8. Objectives lens
- 9. Stage
- 10. Base
- 11. Mirror or light (Mirror in this case)
Name all Kingdoms of cells
- Kingdom Protista (the single-celled eukaryotes)
- Kingdom Fungi (Fungus and related organisms)
- Kingdom Plantae (plants)
- Kingdom Animalia (animals)
- Kingdom Monera (prokaryotes)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview