The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is cell Theory?
- All living Organisms are composed of cells.
- Cells are a basic unit of life.
- Cells arise from pre-existing cells.
What does MRS GREN stand for?
- M- movement
- R- reproduction
- S- sensitivity
- G- growth
- R- respiration
- E- exrection
- N- nutrition
- All living things move. Even plants move.
- They move very slowly by growing in certain directions.
- Plants can grow towards the light.
- Even microscopic organisms like bateria show signs of movement.
- All organisms need to reproduce to keep the species going so they do not all die out.
- Humans like Animals produce babies.
- Microbes reproduce by simply dividing into two.
- Organisms need to be aware of their surroundings.
- This helps them to keep out of danger.
- we sense our surroundings by our 5 senses.
- Plants can sense where light is coming from so they can adapt and develop.
- All living things grow and get bigger.
- From a tiny baby we all grow up into adults.
- From a seed a tree can grow.
- Even microbes grow, though not every much.
- All organisms need energy so they can do thinngs like move and grow.
- Respiration releases energy from food so we can do things.
- All organisms need to respire to get energy.