Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Sign of the cross
- (In the name of the father, the sun and the holy spirit, amen)
- We use this gesture mostly when we enter churches, start a prayer/reading or end a prayer/reading.
- Usually done after Eucharist to receive a piece of Holy bread (body of christ) and red wine (blood of christ). This is done to forgive our sins and cleanse our soul of them.
Conclusion of Mass
A priest will usually conclude a mass with a prayer and a saying such as: " The lord be with you and thy spirit."
- This is a way to read Gospels but by singing with involvement and excitement. This is usually done in and out of mass.
- After the priest says a prayer there will be a specific set of words to say after he has done part of his prayer such as: "Amen."
Liturgy of the word
- We will stand for a reading from the gospel of Mark and respond with a special gesture.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview