Fluoroquinolones (Ciprofloxacin Gemifloxacin Levofloxacin Moxifloxacin)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Best therapy for:
Community-Acquired Pneumonia, including PCN-resistant pneumonococcus
GNB including most pseudomonads
- Tx of: Cystitis and pyelonephritis
- 1st line prophylaxis Traveler's D
Tx of Diverticulitis and GI infxn
- but... Ciprofloxacin, gemiflixacin, and levofloxacin must be combo w Metronidazole bc they dont cover anaerobes
- Moxifloxacin: can be single agent Tx (no Metro needed) for diverticulitis
What fluoroquinolone used as a single agent for diverticulitis (no metronidazole needed)?
- Bone growth abn (children and pregos)
- Tendonitis (and achilles tendon rupture)
- Gatifloxacin removed bc of glucose abnormalities
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview