Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- responsible for the activities of the cell regarding DNA, including the transcription of DNA to messenger RNA
- has its own membrane, which allows for the passage of materials and proteins needed for DNA replication
- responsible for the production of proteins
- can be free and not bound to any membrane, or they can be bound to the outer membrane of the endoplasmic reticulum
endoplasmic reticulum (ER)
- rough ER has ribosomes attached to the outer surface, while the smooth ER does not have ribosomes attached
- the rough ER produces proteins, while the smooth ER works to transport proteins out of the cell
take on the process of exocytosis so that materials can be secreted from the cell
use its digestive enzymes to break down parts of the cell that are no longer of any use to the cell
most known for their ability to store materials, vacolues are sacs within the cell that house a range of materials for later use
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview