Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
The World Class Operates From Objective Reality
“Amateur performers operate from delusion, pros operate from objective reality. The great ones’ habits, actions, and behaviors are totally congruent with the size and scope of their ultimate vision. That’s why we call them champions.” – Steve Siebold
- Because of their low expectation, their actions are incongruent with their desires.
- Colossians 3:23 (NIV)
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
World Class Wealth Begins With World-Class Thinking.
Ayn Rand, 1905-1982, author, philosopher
- Wealth is the product of a man's capacity to think.
- The middle class trades time for money. the World class trades ideas that solve problems for money.
- Read You were born Rich, by Bob Proctor.
Champions Have An Immense Capacity For Sustained Concentration
Nido Qubein, Speaker, author, Philantropist
Nothing can add more power to your life than concentrating all of your energies on a limited set of targets.
The Goal Setting and Planning process is an everyday habit of Champions.
Champions know sustained concentration of thought and action is usually the true key to their success
- what is the single most important goal you want to achieve in the next 12 month?
- Double my income Make a commitment to concentrate on achieving it - no matter what it takes.
- Read Focal Point, By Brian Tracy
Champions are Driven By Emotional Motivators
- “When a performer begins to experience physical or emotional pain in the heat of the battle, the brain, whose primary role is self preservation, asks the question: ‘Why must I suffer?’ The champion will answer the question with the vision they have carefully constructed, and they will continue to fight. Since the masses lack this mental clarity and have no reason to suffer, they quit as soon as the pain kicks in. Developing a world-class vision is the secret to world-class motivation.
- Ask Questions, and don't stop until you have landed on the emotional hot buttons.
- White moment- an emotional High point ACTIONS
- 1) What am I willing to fight for?
- 2) What values do I hold dearest to my heart? 3) What values would I be willing to die for?
- 4) If I could achieve a single thing, what would make all my hard work worth the struggle?
- 5) If I had thirty seconds left to live, what would I tell my children are the three most important things I learned about how to live a happy life? Your answers will tell you a lot about what drives you emotionally.
- RESOURCERead Authentic Happiness, By Martin Seligman, PH.D.
The Great Ones Separate Truth From Fact
William James, 1842-1910, author
- We have to live today by what truth we can get today and be ready tomorrow to call it falsehood.
- Fact is reality
- Truth is our perception of reality, and perception are subjective.
- Champion make decisions bases on facts, not feelings
Champions Lead Through Facilitated Introspection
- “The great managers and leaders of the future will know more about their people than ever before. They’ll know their emotional hot buttons as well as the essence of what makes them tick. Through facilitated introspection, these leaders will create a competitive immunity for their companies by reigniting the flame of loyalty that burns within their people.
- Amateur Coaches and managers coach primarily through logic.
- Professional coaches and managers coach primarily through emotion.
- Facilitating the introspective process in another person requires patience and time, and the great one are willing to invest.
- ACTION: Leading Someone through introspective Process:
- Tell me what you really want out of life more than anything else?
- 1) What exactly do you mean by that?
- 2) What does that look like?
- 3) Why do you feel that way?
- 4) Tell me more about that.
- 5)Why is that important to you?
- 6)What does having that mean to you?
The Great One Know they Are Unaware
- Everyone is Operating and running their lives at their current level of conscious awareness.
- -Carlos Marin, Speaker and Author
Happiness is learning, growing and becoming
- Am I growing or dying?
- Handbok to Higher Consciousness, by Ken Keyes Jr.
Champion Develop World-Class Belief Long Before They Become Champions
- They can.....because they think they can.
Average people are saddled with a set of beliefs that are more about survival than success.
- what are my belief?
- are they relevant or out of date?
- disregard or ugrade any belief...
Champion Embrace Relativity
- The great ones are higly aware of the fact that all perceptions are based on the experience and belief of the beholder. This is the reason they surround themselves with people who think much bigger than they do. Beliefs and expectations are contagious, and champions are eager to catch as much as they can.
- -Steve Siebold
The great ones develop the unique ability to measure beyond their own perspective.
How do people around me measure the size and scope of things. How big is a million dollar?
The World Class Compartmentalizes Emotions
- Nothing external to you has an power over you.
- -Ralfph Waldo Emerson
Compartmentalizatin allows champions to work on and solve one problem at a time, without the emotions of one problem bleeding into the solution of the others.
The masses Multitask. The great one focus.
- Commit to compartmentalizing problems by focusing exclusively on one problem at a time.
- The Emotional Revoution, By Norman Rosenthal, M.D.
The World Class Connects To The Source Through Gratitude
- "Gratitude is the aristocrat of all of the emotions."
- -Bill Gove, 1912-2001, professional speaking
- While amateurs become increasingly stressed during problem solving, the great ones become more relaxed to enhance their creative ability.
- Focus is on being, as oppose to doing
- Action: make a list of 10 things you are most grateful for in your life and review them every morning for the next seven days.
- my eyes
- my relationship with God
- Leaving in CA
- Friends like Jack and others
Champion Know Adversity Is The Catalyst Of Mental Toughness
- If it weren't for the dark days, we wouldn't know what it is to walk in the light.
- - Earl Campbell
- If you remove the adversity you remove the victory.
- Stress an struggle are the key factors in becoming mentally tough.
- Adversity to average people, equals pains. Adversity to world-class performers is their mental training ground.
- train self to see the good in adversity, and your fear of future challenge will dissipate.
- List 3 most difficult adversities you have faced and 5 good things that happened to you as a result of each one.
- Read Man's Search for Meaning, by Victor Frankel
The Great Ones Do It All With Class
- There is no mat space for malcontents or dissenters. AOne myst neither celebrate too insanely when he winds or sulk when he loses. He accets victory professionally and humbly. He hates defeat, but makes no poor display of it.
- -Dan Gable,
- The great ones have the character to do what's right, and they do it all with class
- make a list of 5 things you would like following grup of people to say about your conduct:
- My Family
- My Friends
- My Customers
- be that person
- Attend a seminar from jackqueline Whitmore
- sign up for free newslater www.etiqetteexpert.com
*Champion Make "Do or Die" Commitments
- You cannot keep a committed person from success. Place stumbling blocks in his way, and he takes them for stepping-stones, and on them he will climb to greatness. Take away his money, and he makes spurs of his poverty to urge him on. The person who succeeds has a program; he fixes his course and adheres to it; he lays his plans and executes them; he goes straight to his goal. He is not pushed this side and that every time a difficulty is thrust in his way. If he can't get over it, he goes through it.
- -George Gilder
- Commitment is more about making a decision to do whatever it takes to succeed than anything else, yet only the pro seem to be able to et themselves to make these decisions.
- What are the 5 most things that I am committed to in life?
- are my habits, actions behaviors congruent with my commitments?
World Class Is Consistently Great
- Plenty of men can do good work for a spurt with immediate promotion in mind but for promotion, you want a man in whom good work has become a habit.
- -Henry Doherty
- their actions are congruent with their thought processes.
- Gain Mental Clarity
- Practice May not make perfect, but it does create consistency in performance.
Champion Understand Logic vs. Emotion
- When it comes to strategic planning and business acumen, straight logic is essential. Emotion creates confusion when it comes to linear thought.
- Logic is great for planning, but week for motivation.
Champion Are Willing To Suspend Their Disbelief
When presented with a new idea, check your ego at tee door and suspend your disbelief. Your ability to open your mind and consider new ideas without fear will people you to the top faster than anything else.
- While the masses are dying from mental stagnation, the pros grow healthier everyday by entertaining thoughts of abundance and keeping their fertile minds open to life and successful living.
- Don't be quick to dismiss new ideas
The World Class Is Ferociously Cooperative
- You can employ men and hire hands to work for you, but you must win their hears to have them work with you.
- -William Boetchek
Achivement has less to do with stroking their egos and more to do with personal growth and development.....Champions get as big a kick from watching a team member grow in the process of achieving the goal as they do in actually achieving the goal.
Champion Are Curious
- Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characterisitics of a vigourous intellect.
- -Samuel Johnson
- Their curiosity accelerates their growth through lessons learned vicariously.
- your curiosity (ask a lot of questions), combined with a beginner's mindset, may yield unexpected solutions you can implement immediately.
The Great One Possess Supreme Confidence
- I felt like I could score at will
- -Jack Maitland
- Fasterst Way to Self Confidence:
- 1. changing the language I use when I talk to myself and others.
- 2. Learning to be a proficient and entertaining speaker
- Ask my best friend on a scale to 1 to 7(most) how much confidence do I project? that will show me how the world respond to me.
RESOURCE: Read Book: "What To Say When You Talk to Yourself" Shad HelmstetterFree Weekly e-mail sign up www.publicspeakersblog.com
Champions Evolve From Competing to Creating
- Creative people rarely need to be motivated--they have their own inner drive that refuses to be bored. They refuse to be complacent. They live on the edge, which is precisely what is needed to be successful and remain successful.
- -Donal Trump
- 5 Level of Mental Toughness
- Playing not to lose: doing just enough to avoid trouble
- Playing to Cruise: cruising through the job without really engaging in any seruoud thought.
- Playing to Improve: attempting to get better
- Playing to compete: performers begin to believe they are capable of beating our their conpetition and being the best. Ego-driven when winning is the main objective.
- Playing to Win: Move from competion to creation. Primary goal to be teh best you can be.
- Knowing that Creativity and fear cannot co-exist
- rooted in a spirit-based consciousness operating from thoughts of love and abundance.
- Fear and scarcity have no place at this level of thinking.
- Becoming all that one has the potential to become.
Champion Remember Their Roots
- “We usually think of advice as something that someone tells us, but I learned my most valuable lessons in life by example, by watching people around me both when I was growing up and when I was trying to stay true, in my business career, to the values they taught me. Yet, if there is one piece of advice that has been important to me, it is “Always remember where you came from.”
- -John J. Mack
- The World Class Always reaching for the stars while keeping their feet on the ground.
- invest 10 minutes a day remembering your root.
Worl Class Never Bows To Criticism
- You Can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one.
- - John Wooden
- Mental toughness, broken down to its root, is really about becoming a master of your emotions in performance situations.
- HOw do you respond to criticism?
- Refuse to talk about other people or gossip about their behavior. Focus only on ideas that can help you fufill your vision.
Champion Believe in Choice
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the hman freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.
Delusion says you must do these things. Objective reality says you always have a choice, because you are always in control.
- Read Choice Theory, by DR. William Glasser
World Class Embraces Metacognition
- Of course we become what we think about. The real question is, "do We know what we are thinking about?"
- -Steve Siebold
- have you ever thought what you think about?
- Metacognition enables the performer to take contral of his thought processes.
- the great one's inner world determine their outer world.
- Take your emotional temperature today and assess your mood. Ask this critical question: "How did I end up in this mood?" What thoughts did you process that put you in this mood?
Professional Performers Don't Require Immediate Compensation
- Did you think you could have the good without the evil? Did you think you could have the joy without the sorrow?
- -David Grayson
- Microwave thinking- a deep belief that compensation should immediately follow any effort.
- Champion believes every effort performed in good intention yields some form of compensation at some point.
- ask this critical question: "Am I more interested in pleasure, or gratification?"
Champion Embrace Conflict For Growth
- A good manager doesn't try to eliminate conflict, he tries to keep if from wasting the erngies of his poeple. If you 're the boss and your people fight you openly when they think you're wrong that's healthy.
- -Robert Townsend
- AM I emotionally addicted to the approval of other? yes, Make a commitment to break this addiction immediately.
Champions are Comeback Artists
- I am going to the top of the mountain. You're either going to see me waring from the top or dead on the side. But you know what? I am not coming coming down.
- -Eric Worre
On the physical plane, we call it perseverance. On the mental plane, we call it toughness. On the spiritual plane, we call it artistry.
- Is is possible to make a comeback in this area, and breathe new life into this old dream?
The Great Ones Are Masters of their Work/Rest Cycles
- Recovery is an important world and a vital concept. It means renewal of life and energy. Knowing how and when to recover may prove to be the most important skill in your life.
- - James E. Loehr
- The enemy of all champion is physical and emotional burnout.
- the magic is in the mix, the cycle of stress and recovery.
The World Class is Coachable
- Great Coaching is helping people discover what they already know.
- -Bill Gove
- Champion always looking for an edge no matter how slight.
- Be coachable and open-minded
Champion Are Mentally Engaged In the Creative Process
- The Creative Person wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures, because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea.
- -Carl Ally
Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 7, 7 being most creative. Am I creative?
Champion Operate With A Clear Conscience
Reason often makes mistakes, but conscience never does.
With their conscience as their guide, champions oftern have a greater mental clarity and internal focus than average people.
- Self-esteem is the reputation we acquire with ourselves.
- Are all my dealings congruent with my conscience?
Common Sense Is The Foundation Of High Performance
- Common sense is the knack of seing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.
- Harriet Beacher Stowe
Is there a kindergarten answer to this seemingly complex problem?
Champions Always Strive For Greater Competence
Information is the booby price. The real prize is competence.
- The future belongs to the competent, both in their filed and in terms of controlling and directing their emotions.
- Spend an extra hour a day learning something new in your field that will make you an expert in 5 years or less
- Read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill
Champions Develop Bravery In the Battle For Their Dream
- The World has a way of giving waht is demanded of it. If you are frightened and look for failure and poverty, you will get them, no matter how hard you may try to succeed. Lack of Faith in yourself, in what life will do for you, cut you off from the good thinkgs of the world. Expect victory and you make victory. Nowhere is this truer than in business life, where bravery and faith bring both material and spiritual rewards.
- -Preston Bradley
- Make a list of 10 things you're afraid to do, and decide to push past your fear and do one of them.
Champion Hold Strong Convictions
- What Convinces is conviction. You must believe in the argument you are advancing.
- -Lyndon Johnson
Amateur are spectators in the game of life.
- On a scale of 1 to 7, 7 the most how much conviction do you possess about the importance of your work
The Great Ones Know The Power Of Vonversation
A conversation is a dialog, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversation: Due to scarcity, that why there are so few good conversations: due to scarciry, tow intelligent talkers selcom meet.
- Read "Win Friends and INfluence People, by Dale Carnegie.
Chamption Are Decisive
- If I had to sum up in one workd what makes a good manager, I's say decisiveness. You can use the fanciest computer to gather the newmbers, but in the end you have to set a timetable and act.
- Lee Iacocca
The Great One Choose Discipline Over Pleasure
- With self=discipline anything is possible I believe discipline is the ultimate key to success as it determines your approach toward every day. Discipline keeps you focused and keeps you performing at a world-class level.
- - Roger D. Graham Jr.
- Scale of 1 to 7 how disciplined I am in the different areas of my life?
- business/career; family/friends; money/finance; recreation/fun; health/diet/exercise; faith/spiritual; social/cultural; and personal development.
The World Class Is Determines To Win
- Winning isn't everything but wanting to win is
- - Vince Lombardi
- Scale of 1 to 7 how determined am i to accomplish my goals and dreams?
- Evaluate your results now how is it looking?
Champion Dedicate Their Lives To Greatness
To succeed in life, one must have determination and myst be prepared to suffer during the process. If one isn't prepared to suffer during adversities, I don't really see how he can be successful.
How much am I willing to struggle and suffer to make my vision a reality? is it a little, fair amount, a lot, or whatever it takes?
Champions are Driven By a World-Class Belief System
- In Second Grade, they asked us what we wanted to be. I said I wanted to be a ball player, and they laughed. In eighth grade, they asked the same question, and I said a ball player, and they laughed a little more. By eleventh grade, no one was laughing.
- - Jonny Bench
The Human animal is only driven to the level their belief system will allow.
- is my belief system poverty clas, middle class, or world class?
- Do my drive and ambition mirror my beliefs?
The World Class has Great Expectations
- As your consciousness expands, your level of expectation will grow. Keep asking yourself, am I seling myself short? Most of us are
- -John R. Spannuth
Outline your expectations in every area of your life and then ask should I expect more? if the answer is yes, raise your expectations and upgrade how you talk to self and others abut your heightened aspirations
The Great ONes Are THe Most Enthusiastic Peole Alive
- All we really need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
- MAke a list of 5 activities in your life for which you have the most enthusiasm.
- ask the question does anyone make a living doing this?
- read Do What You Love and the Money Will Follow, By Marsha Sinetar.
Champion Love What They Do
I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I don't.
Scale of 1 to 7 how much do I enjoy my job? less than 7 the odds of fuling my full potential are slim.
RESOURCE: Read Work Happy Live Healthy, by Tom Welch. www.workhappy.com
Campion Create A Winning Evirornment
- The first step toward success is taken wen your refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.
- -Mark Caine
- make a commitment to upgrade your environment beginning with the people around you.
- Limit your exposure to neural and negative people.
- Befriend a champion and spend as much time with this person as possible.
- become an active student of personal development b listening to tapes and CDs. Make your car into a university on wheels.
The World Class makes Exercise A Priority
- Excersice is king. Nutrition is queen. Put the tow of them together and you have a kingdom.
- -Jack Lalane
no excuse exercise daily
- Man: www.menshelath.com
- woman: www.shape.com
The great One Are Professional Failures
There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character, his selft-respect, or his self-confidence. He is still a king.
- Have I been plaing it safe to avoid failure?
- scale 1 to 7 how many risks have I taken in an effort to make my vision a reality?
- Read How I Raise Myself from Failure to Success in Selling, by Frank Bettger
Champion Have Tremendous Faith
- We do not need more intellectual power; we need more spiritual power...... We do not need more of the things that are seen, we need more of the things that are unseen.
- -Calvin Coolidge
Champion Handle Fear Like A Snake Charmer
- Chanpions learn how to become comfortable whle performing in a uncomfortable state of mind.
- Repeated exposure to their fears systematically desensitizes them, eventually depleting the fear.
- Emotional strength and power lies on the other side of fear.
- On the other end of the spectrum, amateurs usually settle for the short-term gain of avoiding what they fear.
- are you fears adult fear or adolescent fear?
The Great Ones Evolve From Fear To Love Based Motivation
Everyone has two choices: We're either full of Love....or full of fear.
- The World class raise above and beyond the addiction to feeling superior to anyone else, and for being afraid to lose what they have.
- Dominant thoughts are on their vision for the future and they pursue it fearlessly.
- Am I motivated by fear of failure or by excitement of my vison?
- Am I out to prove myself or express myself?
Champions Understands The Limits of Money
When you're doing something you love to do, the only reward you need is the experience of doing it.
Am I focused on the Cause of my fulfillment, or the effect of my fulfillment?
Champions Are Future Oriented
- All Great leaders have vison and idealization in which they can continually imagine the perfect outcome to all situations
- -Brian Tracy
- Repeat "The Past is only important as it relates to the present and the future, and any mistakes in my past have been for the purpose of helping me create a bountiful future."
- Listen to create the future: How to think Big, Act Bold, and be a Visionary, by Bill Grove.
The Great Ones Challenge The Facts
- When the dream is big enough, the facts don't count.
- -Ray Youngblood
- Is is a fact that it's going to take me 20 years to retire?
Champions are Driven By Fun
- When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun, and when you have fun, you can do amazing things
- -Joe Namath
- How much Fun am I having in my life? from a scale of 1 to 7
- Can I eliminate doing things that aren't fun?
The Great One Learn To Forgive
- The weak can never forgive, Forgiveness is the attitude of the strong
- -Mahatma Ghandi
- Forgive People
- Read Forgiveness: How to Make Peace with Your Past and Get on with Your life, by Dr. Sidney Simon.
Champion know Why They Are Fighting
- One of the allmarks of the great ones is their level of awareness as to what they are willing to fight for. They're willing to suffer and sacrifice to make their visons reality.
- -Steve siebold
- Make a list of 10 reasons I will do whatever it takes to breathe life into my vision. review the list every day, especially when the going gets tough.
- read it's not about the bike, by Lance Armstrong
Champion Know Very Good Is Bad
- The Mental Toughness process is not about going from good to very good -- it's about going from good to great. Anyone who settles for every good is destined to spend their golden years bathed in a sea of regret, wondering why.
- -Steve Siebold
- Am I a good performer, a very good performer, or a great performer?
- for the result check the result I have been getting in each area f my lifeup until this point.
The World Class Embraces Free Enterprise
- That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
- -Abraham Lincoln
- Commit to seeing yourself as a self-employed regardless of who sighns your paycheck.
- Read How to get Rick, by Donald Trump