The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Origin- The subscapular fossa.
- Insertion- The lesser tubercle (humerus).
- Action- To adduct, extend, and medially stabilize the shoulder joint; to medially rotate the shoulder, to prevent lateral rotation when weight-bearing.
- Innervation- Subscapular nerve.
- Origin- The caudal angle and adjacent causal border of the scapula; the caudal surface of the subscapularis.
- Insertion- The teres major tuberosity (humerus).
- Action- To flex the shoulder; to rotate the shoulder medially; to prevent lateral rotation when weight0bearing.
- Innervation- Axillary nerve.
- Origin- The coracoid process (scapula).
- Insertion- The crest of the lesser tubercle (humeru) proximal to the teres major tuberosity.
- Action- To adduct, extend, and stabilize the shoulder joint.
- Innervation- Musculocutaneous nerve.