The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Then Solomon began to build the temple of the Lord in Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the Lord had appeared to his father David
- Also place where Abraham went to sacrifice Isaac
The Threshing Floor of Araunah
Then the angel of the Lord ordered Gad to tell David to go up and build an altar to the Lord on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite. 19 So David went up in obedience to the word that Gad had spoken in the name of the Lord. And that is the location of where God appeared to David and where the temple of God was built by Solomon.
- the Moabites and Ammonites with some of the Meunites came to wage war against Jehoshaphat, but they trusted God and He gave them victory.
- named the "Valley of Blessings" by Jehoshaphat after his victory over Moab and Ammon
- on the main road from Hebron to Jerusalem
- According to Chronicles, Jehoshaphat gathered his people together and prayed to God for deliverance. God answered his prayer by stirring up the enemy to kill each other. When Jehoshaphat and his army entered the valley the enemy had completely destroyed themselves. The army took three days to collect the valuables of the enemy including gold, silver, and precious jewels. Hence the valley was called "The Valley of Blessing".
- Empire of Gold
- King Nebuchadnezzar
- Place of Israelite exile
- Destroyed by Titus in 72 AD
- Both Daniel and Nehemiah lived in Susa during the Babylonian captivity
- Esther became queen there
"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job"