Bubble, Bubble Toil ect.
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the first twenty elements by looking at their symbols
Refer to book
What are some of the properties of metals, non metals and metalloids? Provide examples for each
- Shiny (have lustre)
- They are good conducters of electricity generally.
- Gold, Silver, Zinc, Uranium
- Non- metals
- Don't conduct heat or electricity well
- Usually brittle and cannot be moulded into many shapes.
- Hydrogen, Carbon
- MetalloidsMetalloids can be referred to as semi- metals as they display characteristics of both non- metals and metals. They insulate and conduct electricity.
- Boron, Silicon
Mentally colour in the periodic table. Colour in metals, semi- metals and non- metals
Refer to book
What is the difference between physical change and chemical change?
- A physical change is reversible as it only rearrange the atoms whereas a chemical change is irreversible as it results in the formation of new substance.
- Example, physical- melting ice
- Example, chemical- burning wood
Draw a model to distinguish between elements and compounds
Refer to internet
Define solute, solvent and solution. Provide example.
- The solute dissolves into the solvent in order to make a solution
- E.g: Fizzy water, syrup and salt water
What is a mixture?
A substance containing different substances randomly.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview