The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. You are at the gate and are trying to get a clearance from clearance delivery on the # 2 radio, but the reception is extremely poor. What could you do to improve the reception?
Answer: Switch to the # 1 radio since the VHF-1 antenna is located on the upper fuselage.
2. The Captain desires to contact operations on the #2 radio, but after several attempts to select #2 radio on his Audio Control Panel (ACP), it remains on #1 radio. What could be the reason?
Answer: The ACP alternate-normal switch may have been inadvertently moved to the ALT position, which will then operate in the degraded mode.
3. What can the pilot with the degraded ACP expect when operating in this mode?
- Answer: The pilot in the degraded mode will only be able to communicate his respective radio (CA on VHF-1, FO on VHF-2).
- The usable radio is heard at present volume, through the headset.
- The speaker and speaker switch are not functional at that station.
- The pilots hand microphone is not functional.
- You will not be able to use the flight or service interphone. You will not be able to use the PA.
- Audio warnings for altitude alert, GPWS, and windshear will not be heard through the ACP.
4. When is the Cockpit Voice Recorder activated?
Answer: Whenever 115V AC is applied to the aircraft
5. Where are the medical communication jack panels located on the -800W?
Answer: The jack panels for the -800W are located in the passenger service units (PSUs) on the right side of the cabin, above rows 5, 15, and 25.