1. To describe the dimensions of cells, tissues, and organs, anatomists need a precise system of measurement?
2. What are the different units of measurement?
- 1. Metric System
- 2. Meter (m): a little longer than a yard stick
- Centimeter (cm): is a 100th of a meter
- Micrometer (μm): is a millionth of a meter
- Liter (l): is a volume slightly larger than a quart
- Milliliter (ml): is one-thousandth of a liter
- Kilogram (kg): is a mass equal to about 2.2 pounds
- Gram (g): is a thousandth of a kilogram