The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What do the authors identify as the three characteristics of organizations
- 1. An organization has a distinct purpose
- 2. Each organization is composed of people
- 3. All organizations develop some deliberate structure with which members do work
What do the authors identify as the four functions of management?
- 1. Planning
- 2. Organizing
- 3. Leading
- 4. Controlling
What are Mintzberg's 3 interpersonal managerial goals?
- 1. Figurehead
- 2. Leader
- 3. Liaison
What are Mintzberg's 3 informational managerial goals?
- 1. Monitor
- 2. Disseminator
- 3. Spokesperson
What are Mintzberg's 4 decisional managerial goals?
- 1. Entrepreneur
- 2. Disturbance handler
- 3. Resource allocator
- 4. Negotiator
What are Katz's 3 essential managerial skills
- 1. Technical
- -Job specific knowledge and techniques needed to proficiently preform work tasks
- 2. Human
- -Involve the ability to work well with other people both individually and in a group
- 3. Conceptual
- -The skills managers use to think and to conceptualize about abstract and complex situations