Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What important information do we acquire from sediments?
- nature of the locale where it was deposited
composed of fragments of rock, other sediment, or soil material that reflect a history of erosion, transport, and deposition.
Early Archaic Period
- 6500 BC - 2000 BC
- warmer temperatures
- small game hunters, gatherers
- lightly built structures
- used storage pits (not common)
- 15,000 B.P. (?) - 6500 BCE
- earliest Indians in North America
- includes Clovis climate was cold
- big game hunters
Middle Archaic Period
- 2000 BC - 1 AD
- hunter gatherers
- seasonal use of caves
- no pottery
Late Archaic Period
- 1 CE - 1600 CE
- agriculture becomes important
- used pottery
- community becomes important
Five main Late Archaic period prehistoric Pueblo Cultures of the southwest
of or pertaining to a river
the appearance and characteristics of a sedimentary deposit, especially as they reflect the conditions and environment of deposition and serve to distinguish the deposit from contiguous deposits.
the physical characteristics of a rock or stratigraphic unit
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview