- Class: Theraputic, anti-inflammatories immunosuppressant
- Action: Suppresses inflammation and the normal immune response
- Uses: Used systemically and locally in a wide variety of chronic diseases including: inflammatory, allergic, hematologic, neoplastic, autoimmune disorder
- Recommended Dose: Asthma exacerbation 120-180 mg/day in divided doses 3-4 times/day for 48hr then 60-80mg/day divided twice daily.
- Adverse Effects: PEPTIC ULCERATION, THROMBOEMBOLISM. Hypertension, nausea, anorexia, decreased wound healing, increased blood sugar
- Drug/Food Interaction: Additive hypokalemia with use of Loop Diuretics, hypokalemia increase risk of digoxin toxicity.
- NI: Reconstitute with provided solution, Concentration: Maximum of 125mg/mL. Direct IV push over 3-15min.
- Monitor I & O ratios and daily weights. Observe patient for peripheral edema, steady weight gain, rales/crackles, or dyspnea.