The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where is the DC Deck located inside the ship?
Main deck, frame 0-338
Where is Repair 2 located and what is its Area of Responsibility?
- -Location: Frame 97 (Ship Store P-way)
- -Area of Responsibilities: Frame 0-174 (inside the ship), Focasle to Amidships (topside),
- Including the Fwd Superstructure becomes a Secondary DC Central in the event CCS has to be evacuated
Where is Repair 3 located and what is its Area of Responsibility?
- -Location: 2nd deck at Frame 410 (Laundry / Boatswains mate P-way)
- -Area of Responsibilities: Frame 300- 440 (inside ship), from Amidships to the Fantail. (Outside the ship) including the Aft Superstructure
Where is Repair 5 located and what is its Area of Responsibility?
- -Location: Frame 206 (Mess Line P-way)
- -Area of Responsibilities: DC Deck between frames 174 300, including MER 1, MER 2, AUX 1, AUX 2.
Name 11 Repair Locker Kits:
- Plugging Kit
- Banding Kit
- Adapters Kit
- Pipe patching Kit
- PECU Kit
- Shoring Materials Kit
- F/F Access Equipment Kit
- Dewatering Kit
- Shoring Tool Kit
- De-smoking Kit
- Portable Pump Kit
- Welding Kit
- Electrician Kit
- Gas Free Kit
- Jubilee Pipe Patching Kit
- Investigator Kit
- Repair Locker Tool Kit
- CBR Monitoring Kit
- Portable Pump Kit
- CPS Repair Kit
- Emergency Lighting Kit
- Emergency Comms Kit
How many Fire Pumps are there and what are they rated at?
6 Pumps provide 1000 GPM @ 150 PSI
What are their locations and which side of the Fire Main Loop do they serve?
- Starboard Fire main Loop
- #2 - AUX 1
- #4 - MER 2
- #6 - 3 Generator Room
Port Fire main Loop
- #1- FWD VCHT
- #3 - MER 1
- #5 - Shaft Alley
What type of Fire Main do we have?
Vertical Offset Loop
How many Zebra Valves does the Fire Main have and where are these valves located?
2 Zebra Valves, Frame 45 (outside the Fwd Boatswain Mate Locker) and Frame 410 (upper level, 3 Generator room)
Explain why we have these 2 Zebra Valves
Having these 2 Zebra Valves, one forward and one aft, allows to segregate the Fire Main into 2 separate sides, giving the added survivability, that should one side take a hit, the other side remains unharmed.
What deck is the Starboard/Port Loop on?
The Starboard Loop runs on the DC Deck and the Port Loop runs on the 3rd Deck.
What systems use the Fire Main? Name 5:
- Reverse Osmosis Desalinators
- VCHT System
- Berthing Sprinklers
- Main & Secondary Drainage System
- Magazine Sprinklers
- VLS Deluge Flooding System
- Main Machinery Cooling
- Decon Station Showers
- Countermeasure Wash down
- Combat Systems Equipment
- Vital Area Perimeter Sprinklers
- F/O Tank Seawater Compensating System
- AFFF Stations
- Steering Gear Cooling
How many Fire Main Shore Connection Stations are there and where are they located?
There are 4 shore connection stations provided on the O1 Level Weather Deck, both Fore and Aft, and Port and Starboard, to allow shore/alternate water when the ships pumps are secured or disabled. Each Station consist of a series of four 2 ½ inch hose valves manifolded together feeding into a riser which connects into the Fire Main via a manually operated cutout valve and check valve.
What type of AFFF System does Hopper have and how many stations are there?
Type 3 Balanced Pressure Proportioning System, 2 Stations, 1 forward and 1 aft
How many AFFF hoses are there onboard?
- The primary use of AFFF is for what type of fire?
AFFF can also be used to fight what kind of fires?
Alpha and Charlie
AFFF is mixed with Sea Water at what percentage?
6% Concentrate to 94% Sea Water
What Main Engineering spaces have AFFF Bilge Sprinklers?
AMR-1, MER-1, MER-2, 3-Generator Room
How many gallons of AFFF Concentrate does each AFFF Tank hold?
600 Gallons of AFFF tank per station per Tank
How many gallons of AFFF Concentrate does each station have in reserves?
300 gallons of reserve AFFF concentrate (60) Five gallon drums
What does the Blue & Red piping indicate
What does the Red & Green piping indicate
The AFFF Pump is rated at how many gallons per minute?
65 +/-5 gallons per minute
How far apart are the Emergency AFFF Hose connections on the AFFF loop?
Roughly 50 feet apart or one in between each transverse frame
Where are the AFFF Cross Connects?
Just aft of frame 220 on the port and starboard side
What 2 other locations have AFFF Sprinklers
The Focasle and the Flight deck
What toxic gas can form from a Seawater/AFFF mixture
H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide)
What is the ventilation and soak time after Halon has been discharged?
15 Minutes each
What gas actuates the system
How many pressure switches are utilized on a Halon board for a manned Main Engineering Space
What is that 4th pressure switch for
Toxic Gas Dampeners and Air Lock Air Supply
How many pressure switches are utilized on a Halon board for an unmanned space
The time delay for a manned space is how long
60 seconds +/- 10
The time delay for an unmanned space is how long
30 seconds +/- 5
Halon is actually discharged for how long in the space
Halon can be remotely activated from this console for a GTM
Halon can be remotely activated from this console for A GTG?
At what temperature does Halon turn into a toxic gas
What are common toxic gases
Hydrogen Fluoride and Hydrogen Bromide
What is the name of the grey and white stripped handle used to override the time delay device
Time Delay Bypass Valve
What indication do you get at the time delay once CO2 has arrived at it?
The little red plunger pops out
Name the spaces that Halon?
Where is the Fresh Water Fire Fighting Pump
What is the purpose of the Fresh Water Fire Fighting System
To prevent corrosion and to minimize the residual water as opposed to having a sea water fire fighting system to combat Charlie fires.
What is the Fresh Water Fire Fighting Pump rated at
70 GPM @ 70 PSI
How many hose reels does the Fresh Water Fire Fighting System have and where are they located?
- 6 hose reels total
- Outside Sonar Control
- Outside CSER 2
- Outside CSER 3
- Outside CCS
- Outside CIC, Port P-way
- Outside CIC, STBD P-way
Decontamination Stations and CBR
How many MOPP levels are there? 4
What is the name of the personal dosimeter issued out at MOPP 2? IM-270
Name one of the 4 self aids that are issued out my medical at MOPP 2?
Atropine, 2PAM-Chloride, Diazepam, and NAPP Tablets
What does MOPP stand for? Mission Oriented Protective Posture
How many Decon Stations do we have?
2 Decon stations
Where are the Decon Stations located?
- Fwd: Port Castleway / Admin P-way
- Aft: Flight deck / Aft airlock P-way
What are the 4 compartments inside the Decon Stations?
- Outer Clothing Undressing Area (OCUA)
- Inner Clothing Undressing Area (ICUA)
- Deluge Shower
- Contamination Purge Lock (CPL)
What type of Gas Mask do we use? MCU-2/P
How long will your C2 Canister last in a non-contaminated environment? 60 Days
What is the name of your suit that you wear in a CBR environment?
ACPG (Advanced Chemical Protective Garment)
How long can you wear your ACPG in a non-contaminated environment? 45 days
What does IPDS Stand for? Improved Point Detection System
Where is the system located and what does it test for?
(V & G) Nerve Agents and (H) Blister Agents
What does JBPDS stand for? Joint Biological Point Detection System
Where is the system located and what does it test for? 05 Level, Biological Agents
Countermeasure Washdown System (WDCM)
What is the purpose of the WDCM System?
Provides protection against CBR contamination agents by creating a film of water that flows over the skin of the ship, preventing any Chemical or Biological Agents from sticking to the ship and washing the contaminants away and overboard.
Name the 4 WDCM Zones?
- Zone 1- Focasle
- Zone 2- Fwd Superstructure
- Zone 3- Aft Superstructure and Aft VLS
- Zone 4- Flight Deck
Where are the 3 locations the each WDCM Zone can be activated from?
DC Console in CCS, Bride Control Panel, and at the SOPV
At what MOPP Level would you activate all WDCM zones continuously?
- MOPP 3
- At what MOPP Level would you activate all WDCM zones for a specific period of time?
- MOPP 4
What is the length of the ship? 506 Feet
- What is the Beam? 66.5 Feet
- What is the Navigational Draft? 32.5 Feet
- What is Ships displacement? 9600 Long Tons
What is the draft? The distance from the water line to the keel
What is the freeboard? The distance from the waterline to the weather deck
What is a moment? A temporary roll to either the port or starboard side
What is a List? A permanent angle of heel
Where are the 4 Fire Zones? Zone 1 Zone 2 Zone 3 Zone 4
FR 0-126 FR 126-254 FR 254-370 FR 370-Aft
What makes it a Fire Zone? The bulkhead has a special fire resistant lagging on it
Explain the parts of the bulls eye? 2-338-2-L
- 2- Indicates the Deck, 338-Indicates the forward most frame,
- 2-Indicates the relation to centerline, L- indicates what type of compartment it is
What type of compartments do these letters represent?
- A-Storeroom E-Engineering
- M-Magazine Q-Miscellaneous or Fan room
- L-Living Space or Passageway T-Trunk
How long will photo luminescent tape stay lit after the power goes out? 1 Hour
Name the basic Material conditions of Readiness?
- X-RAY, YOKE, ZEBRA, DOG ZEBRA, MOD-ZEBRA, CIRCLE X-RAY,
- CIRCLE YOKE, CIRCLE ZEBRA, WILLIAM, CIRCLE WILLIAM
Where on the ship can you find the Range Guard System? Crew Galley and Wardroom Galley Deep Fat Fryers
What is the name of the device that melts for automatic operation? Fusible Link
At what temperature does it melt? 360 Degrees
What does APC stand for? Aqueous Potassium Carbonate
Where are the 4 CPS Zones?
- Zone 1: Frame 0-126 Zone 2: Frame 126-254
- Zone 3: Frame 254-370 Zone 4: Frame 370-440
What are the 2 different types of zones? Total Protection and Limited Protection
What are the 3 different types of air locks? Type 1, 2, and 3
What is the normal internal psi of the ship? 2-2.5 psi
What psi range is considered a deficiency? 1.5-0.5 psi
What psi is considered a casualty? .5 -0 psi
What is the P-100 rated at? 100 GPM @ 83 PSI
- What is the Ram Fan rated at? 2000 CFM
- What is the Box Fan rated at? 3200 CFM
- What are the 2 sizes of PKP extinguishers? 18 LBS & 27 LBS
- What is a CO2 extinguisher max effective discharge range? 4-6 FT
- What is the max effective discharge range of an AFFF extinguisher? 15 FT
- What are the 2 sizes of SCBA Bottles? 30 45 min bottle
- The Scott EEBD is rated for how many minutes if your awaiting rescue? 30 minutes
- What 4 indications will tell you that your bottle is low on air on your Scott SCBA?
- Lollipop Gage, Vibra-alert, Bottle gage, and the Bell
- What does EEBD stand for? Emergency Escape Breathing Device
- What is the ESP rated at? 140GPM @ 70 ft. of discharge head
- What fluids should you not pump with an ESP? Oil, Fuel, Heavy Solvents
- What is the difference in a blue EEBD and an orange EEBD? Blue is for training only
- Name 4 types of pipe patches? Soft, Jubilee, EWARP, and Banding
- What does EWARP stand for? Emergency Water Activated Repair Patch
- What are the 2 sizes? 2 inches x 5 feet and 4 inches X 15 feet
- What powers the box fan? 115 volts of A/C
- Name 4 different types of dewatering equipment. Peri-Jet Eductor, P-100, Electrical Submersible Pump, S-type Eductor
What main engineering spaces is a part of the Main Drainage Systems?
- Auxiliary Machinery Room 1, Main Engineering Room 1,
- Main Engineering Room 2,
What spaces are apart of the Secondary Drainage system?
3 Generator Room and Aft Steering
Which spaces have eductors installed?
3 Generator Room , Aft Steering , Auxiliary Machinery Room 1, Main Engineering Room 1, Main Engineering Room 2,
Which space has an ESP installed? 3-Generator Room