The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How many versions of SNMP are there?
What does SNMPv1 use for authentication, encrypton, and UDP or TCP.
SNMPv1 has no authentication or encryption. every thing is sent in clear text using UDP.
What does SNMPv2 use for authentication, encryption, and does it use UDP or TCP?
- SNMPv2 uses MD5 or SHA for authentication.
- SNMPv2 does not support encryption.
- SNMPv2 uses UDP by default but supports TCP.
What does SNMPv3 use for authentication, encryption, and does it use UDP or TCP?
- SNMPv3 uses MD5 or SHA for authentication.
- SNMPv3 uses DES or DES-256 for encryption.
- SNMPv3 uses TCP.
What is SNMP GET BULK and what versions support it?
- GET BULK allows SNMP to get may forms of information which cuts down on the amount of get messages.
- GET BULK is supported on SNMPv2 and SNMPv3