Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Recall whether a 180° turn can be made on a taxiway.
The theoretical minimum pavement width required:
A319 is approximately 68 feet.
A320 is approximately 75 feet.
- A 180° turn should not be attempted on a 75-feet wide taxiway but can be comfortably made on a
- 100-foot wide taxiway.
Describe the relationship of the nose, wingtip, and tail during a turn.
The wingtip swings the largest arc during a turn, followed by the tail, then the nose. Therefore,
the wingtip determines the minimum obstruction path.
Describe the location of all cabin entrance doors and emergency exits, and whether or not
they can be opened from the exterior.
- Cabin entrance doors: Both the A320 and A319 have 4 cabin entrance doors (2 on each side of
- the aircraft), defined as 1L, 1R, 2L, and 2R. They can be opened from the exterior.
Overwing exits (all can be opened from the exterior):
A320: 4 overwing exits (2 on each side of the aircraft).
A319: 2 overwing exits (1 on each side of the aircraft).
- Flight deck sliding windows: Both the A320 and A319 have sliding windows in the flight deck
- that may be used for emergency egress. These windows cannot be opened from the exterior.
Recall what occurs if the COCKPIT DOOR selector switch is momentarily placed in the
All normal means of door operation from the cabin are inhibited for 15 minutes.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview