Organization and Management Quiz 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the classical view of corporate social responsibility?
- Management’s only social responsibility is to
- maximize profits
What is the socioeconomic view of corporate social responsibility?
Managers’ social responsibilities go beyond making profits to include protecting and improving society’s welfare
What are the 10 identified arguments for corporate social responsibility?
- 1) Public expectations
- 2) Long-run profits
- 3) Ethical obligation
- 4) Public image
- 5) Better environment
- 6) Discouragement of further governmental
- 7) Balance of responsibility and power
- 8) Stockholder interests
- 9) Possession of resources
- 10) Superiority of prevention over cures
What are the 6 identified arguments against corporate social responsibility?
- 1) Violation of profit maximization
- 2) Dilution of purpose
- 3) Costs
- 4) Too much power
- 5) Lack of skills
- 6) Lack of accountability
What are the 4 identified approaches to environmental sensitivity?
- 1) Legal approach
- 2) Market approach
- 3) Stakeholder approach
- 4) Activist approach
What are the 2 identified ways that businesses promote posit social change?
- 1) Corporate philanthropy
- 2) Employee volunteering efforts
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview