An adverb of frequency tells us how often something is done or happens. Words used as adverbs of frequency include again, almost, always, never, occasionally, often, rarely, seldom, sometimes, twice, usualy and weekly. Examples:
- They were almost fifty when they got married.
- He hardly ever say something nice to his wife.
- While overseas, he frequently phoned home.
- She is not nearly always right although she thinks she is always right.
- He complained that she never smiled back.
- We only write to each other very occasionally.
- Peter seldom reads the Bible.