LPM Quiz 2
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
E Pluribus unum
- Out of many, One (concept)
- "Came from different but became one"
a building in which Muslims worship
e.g.: Doors and windows of the mosque were destroyed
- a head covering worn in public by some Muslim women
- e.g.: Even small girls of six years wear the hijab
- they are not easily influenced and they are unlikely to change their mind
- e.g.:The terrorists are unyielding in their demands
- to put an end, often by force, to a group or an activity that is believed to threaten authority.
- e.g.:The army was called in to suppress the rebels.
- the action of making somebody do something that they do not want to do, using force or threatening to use force.
- e.g.:He claimed he had only acted under coercion
- to make it difficult for something to continue in the normal way
- 붕괴; 분열; 중단, 두절; 혼란
- e.g.: Through offering other service, at least we'll minimize the disruption to our clients.
- to provide enough of what somebody/something needs in order to live or exist
- e.g.: I only had a little budget to sustain me on my trip.
- to add fuel to a fire, etc
- e.g.: This plan/law will only stoke the peoples fury/anger
- to be or go beyond the usual limits of something
- e.g.: Art, literature, and music transcends time and space
- very important, because it includes or influences many things
- e.g: JTS's overarching aim is the elimination of poverty
- among other things
- 그 중에서도
- e.g.: This project covers, inter alia, target market and target consumer.
- a handle
- e.g.: They had extra levers that could be used to remove his property
- a false reason that you give for doing something
- an Excuse
- e.g.: murder cannot be justified by any pretext
- violent, usually criminal behavior
- e.g.: problem of young thuggery rate increases
- having a lot of courage, and determination
- e.g.: She was plucky enough to share her toughts to her mom
- the state of not being able to decide what to do in a difficult situation
- e.g.: Because of the penalty tax, i was really in quandary
- a funny drawing or picture of somebody
- e.g.: you can easily find caricature artists in Hongdae
- to guess what sombody will do before they do it
- 추측하다 비난하다
- e.g.: do not second guess on my decision
- the act, process or skill of telling a story
- e.g.: I didnt like the narrative of this movie
- the main bad character in a story, play, etc
- e.g.: In avenger movie, loki played as villains
- that exists or is very common at a particular time or in a particular place
- e.g.: Flowers are prevalent in my province
- to claim to be something or to have done something, when this may not be true
- e.g.: I am not quite sure of the purport of your question.
- e.g.: he purported to be a theif
- exciting or interesting in a way that keeps your attention
- e.g.: the movie was gripping and touched
- to make a sudden, unsteady movement forward or sideways
- e.g.: The boat lurched violently because of the typhoon
- to change frequently in size, amount, quality, etc, especially from one extreme to another
- 변동 급변
- e.g.: My mood seems to fluctuate from day to day
- Restrction, condition
- e.g.: Parents raise children without any string attached
- to take apart/ to end an organization or system
- e.g.: It is their duty to dismantle the boom in the public
- To become or to make something smaller, weaker, semm less important
- 줄어들다, 악화시키다
- e.g.: Nothing can diminish her passion
- Underline; to emphaize or show that something is important or true
- e.g.: That idea is what I wanted to underscore in this project
- e.g.: He became rich through moeny laundering
- Person who has no home or jobs; Begger
- e.g.: After his business went on bankrupt, he became vagrant
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview