AH II Exam 1 - Cardiac
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Restricting sodium reduces salt and water retention, thereby reducing ______ and ______.
vascular volume and preload
A PVC is the premature occurence of a QRS complex that is wide and distorted in shape if they:
- occur more often than once in 10 beats
- occur in groups of 2 or 3
- occur near the T-wave
- take on multiple configurations
_______ is an inflammatory disease involving the inner surface of the heart, including the valves.
In pts with endocarditis, organisms travel through the blood to the heart, where vegetations adhere to the valve surface or endocardium and can do what?
break off and become emboli
S/S of endocarditis
- chills, malaise, night sweats, fatigue
- symptoms of HF
- arterial embolization
s/s of PERIcarditis pain.
- sudden, sharp, severe
- substernal, radiating to back or arm
- aggravated by coughing, deep breathing, inhaling
- relieved by leaning fwd
SE of digitalis are increased when pt is _______.
The presence of a friction rub is an indication of ________.
Three indicators of pericarditis.
- friction rub
- ST elevation
- T-wave inversion
Interventions for pericarditis.
- provide rest & posn of comfort
- admin analgesics & antiinflammatory drugs
In _______, blood is regurgitated back into the LEFT atrium from the LEFT ventricle.
mitral valve stenosis
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview