Organization and Management Quiz 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What methods did Taylor use (in scientific management) to increase worker
- 1) Develop a science for each element of an individual’s work to replace the old
- rule-of- thumb method.
2) Scientifically select and then train, teach, and develop the worker.
- 3) Heartily cooperate with the workers so as to ensure that all work is done in
with the principles of the science that has been developed.
- 4) Divide work and responsibility almost equally between management and workers.
- does all work for which it is better suited than the workers.
What were Frank and Lillian Gilbreth’s contributions to scientific management?
- -Invented a device called a micro chronometer that recorded a worker’s hand-and-body motions and the amount of time spent doing
- each motion
- -Devised a classification scheme to label 17
- basic hand motions (such as search, grasp, hold), which they called therbligs
What were Henri Fayol’s 14 principles of administrative management?
1) Division of Work
4) Unity of command
5) Unity of direction
6) Subordination of individual interests to the general interest
9) Scalar chain
12) Stability of tenure of personnel
14) Esprit de corps
What were the six characteristics of Max Weber’s bureaucracy?
- 1) Career Orientation
- 2) Division of Labor
- 3) Authority Hierarchy
- 4) Impersonality
5) Formal Rules and Regulations
6) Formal Selection
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview