Altered Neurologic Function (Nontraumatic)
- - Ensure patent airway, 02 and/or ventilate prn
- - Spinal stabilization prn
- - Secretion problems, position on affected side
- - Do not allow PT to walk
- - Restrain prn
- *Hypoglycemia (suspected) or PT's glucometer results read <75mg/dL
- - If PT is awake and has gag reflex, give 3 oral glucose tabs or paste (15Gm total). PT may eat or drink if able.
- -If PT is unconscious, NPO.
- *CVA/Stroke- For suspected stroke with major deficit with onset of symptoms known to be <3 hours in duration, expedite transport.
- - Make initial notification early to confirm destination.
- - Use the Prehospital Stroke Scale in the assessment of possible CVA PT's (facial droop, arm drift and speech abnormalities)
- *Seizures- Protect airway, and protect from injury
- - Treat associated injuries
- *Behavioral Emergencies(S-422 and S-142) Restaints