Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Confined Space Def:
by virtue of its enclosed nature, presents a reasonably foreseeable specified risk
chambers, tanks, vats, silos, pits, trenches, pipes, sewers, flues and wells.
Confined spaces specified risks
- serious injury due to fire or explosion from flammable substances such as methane, leaks from adjoining plant, or oxygen enrichment;
- loss of consciousness due to rise in body temperature (from boilers, furnaces or physical labour);
- loss of consciousness or asphyxiation caused by the presence of gas, fume or vapour;
- loss of consciousness or asphyxiation from lack of oxygen;
- drowning due to increase in the level of liquid
- asphyxiation due to a free-flowing solid such as coal dust, grain or sand.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview