16 Fundamental Truths
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Scriptures are Inspired
The Scriptures -OT and NT are verbally inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct
- 2 Tim 3:15-17
- 1 Thess 2:13
One True God
The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self -existent "I AM" the Creator of heaven and earth the redeemer of mankind.
- Deut 6:4
- Isaiah 43:10
- Matt 28:19
The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God
- 1. Virgin Birth Matt 1:23
- 2. Sinless Life Hebrews 7:26
- 3. Miracles Acts 2:2
- 4. Substitutionary work on cross 1Cor 15:3
- 5. Bodily resurrection Matt 28:6
- 6. Exhalted to the right hand of God Ac 1:9
Fall of Man
Man was created good and upright, However by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual. Rom 5:12-19
Salvation of Man
- Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, Son of God.
- Received through repentance toward God and faith toward Jesus. By the washing of regeneration and renewing of the HS being justified by grace through faith.
- John 3:3, Eph 2:8, Titus 2:11
Salvation of Man continued...
(evidence of salvation)
- Inward evidence of salvation is the direct witness of the Spirit.
- Rom 8:16
Outward Evidence to all men is a life of righteousness and true holiness eph 4:24
Ordinances of the church
1. Baptism - by immersion. All who repent and believe on Christ as Saviour and Lord are to be baptized. Thus they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and also been raised with Him to walk in newness of life. Matt 28:19, Acts 10:47;48; Rom 6:4
Baptism in the HS
- All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father. With it comes the enduement of power for life and service.
- Acts 1:4;1:8;1 Cor 12:1-31
Baptism in the HS Cont...
- distinct from the experience of the new birth
- Acts 8:12-17
- With Baptism in HS comes:
- Overflowing fullness of the Spirit Jn 7:37-39
- Deepened reverence for God Acts 2:43
- Intensified consecration to God and his work
- more active love for Christ mk 16:20
Initial Physical Evidence
- Speaking in tongues in this instance is the same in essence as the gift of tongues, but different in purpose and use
- Acts 2:4; 1 Cor 12:4-10
an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God
Rom 12:1-2; 1 Thess 5:23
The Church and its mission
- The church is the body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great commission.
- Eph 1:22, 23; Eph 2:22
The church cont...
- 1. Agency for God to evangelize the world Acts 1:8
- 2. Corporate body to worship God 1 Cor 12:13
- 3. Build a body of saints being perfected Ep4:11
- 4. Demonstrate God's love and compassion for all the world Gal 2:10
- A divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for the fourfold purpose of leading the church in:
- Evangelizing the world
- Worship God
- Building a body of saints being perfected
- Meeting human need with ministries of love and comp
- Deliverance from sickenss is provided for in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers
- Isa 53:4-5
- James 5:14-16
The Resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the church. 1 Thess 4:16,17; 1 Cor 15:51-52
The millennial reign of Christ
The second coming of Christ includes the rapture of the saints, followed by the visible return of Christ with His saints to reign on earth for 1,000yrs. Rev 19:11-14;20:1-6
The Final Judgement
There will be a final judgement in which the wicke dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Who ever is not found written in the book of life-together with the devil and his angels, will be consigned to the everlasting punishment in the lake of fire, this is the second death. Rev 20:11-15;21:8
New Heavens and New Earth
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview