The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What bones make up the Pectoral girdle?
Clavicle and the scapula
What is the articular surface of the scapula with the humerus called?
What articulations form the shoulder joint?
- 2. Acromioclavicular
- 3. Glenohumeral
- 4. Scapulothoracic
What articulations form the elbow joint?
- 1. Humeroulnar
- 2. Humeroradial
- 3. Proximal Radioulnar
What limits the range of elbow extension?
the ulna, the olecranon fossa of the humerus, and the olecranon process of the ulna
Which bone pivots in the radio-ulnar joints for supination and pronation?
the head of the radius
The wrist joint is formed by articulations between which antebrachial and carpal bones?
- the distal end of the radius and first 3 bones of the wrist: scaphoid, the lunate, and the triquetral
- the radio-carpal joint
What ligaments are found in the shoulder?
- Coracoacromial ligament
- Coracoclavicular ligament
- Coracohumeral ligament
What ligaments are found in the elbow?
- Anular ligament
- Radial (lateral) ligament
- Ulnar (medial) ligament
What ligaments are found in the wrist?
- the anterior and posterior radio-carpal ligament
- the anterior and posterior ulno-carpal ligament
- the radial (lateral) collateral ligament
- the ulnar (medial) collateral ligament
What are the two structures of bone?
compact or cortical and spongy or cancellous
List the 8 bones in the wrist based on the mnemonic you learned.
Scaphoid, Lunate, Triquetral, Pisiform, Trapezium, Trapezoid, Capitate, Hamate