Demography of aging
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the ways of measuring population aging?
- percent of older adults in the population
- percent of children in the population
- median age of the population
What is population aging affected by?
- fertility rate
- mortality rate (most impactful on population)
- migration (movement of groups in and out of regions, least impactful)
What are the 4 stages in the demographic transition theory?
- stage 1: pre-industrial (agricultural economies)
- stage 2: industrialization (declining death rate)
- stage 3: post industrial (opportunities for women, fewer babies/birth control)
- 80% of world is in stage 3 with us
What are the 3 leading causes of mortality in the U.S.?
- 1: heart disease
- 2: cancer
- 3: stroke
Who have longer life expectancies than whites?
black, native and hispanic americans
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview