The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Increase heart rate in hemodynamically significant bradycardia(accompanied by hypotension, sob, c/p, AMA, CHF and or shock)
- Blocks acetylcholine receptors,inhibiting parasympathetic stimulation.
- Effects are primarily chrontropic, almost no inotropic effects
- Antidote for organophospate poisoning
- Hemodynamically significant brady with a pulse
- Organophosphate poisoning
PEA or asystole cardiac arrest
- Adult- 0.5 mg IV repeat every 3-5min max 3mg
- Peds- 0.02mg/kg minimum 0.1mg max single dose 0.5mg
- Blurred vision
- Dilated pupils
- Dry mouth
- Urinary retention
Arropone drug interactions
Atropine special consideration
- Doses less than 0.5mg can cause paradoxical slowing of the hr
- Use cautiously in pts with CAD as increased hr and myocardial O2 demand may worsen
- May worsen the bradycardia associated with high degree heart block. Pacing should be available.