Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Locke's State of Nature
- "mutual love"
- people are naturally cooperative and benefit from helping each other.
- people follow the Law of Nature
- Acknowledges that the S.O.N is not perfect.
Law of Nature
- Locke's state of nature is grounded on the idea of REASON and are RATIONAL
- "no one harms each other for self gain"
Only 2 justified reasons to cause harm
One of Locke's justified reasons to cause harm whenever one breaks the Law of Nature.
One of Locke's justified reasons to cause harm when one is getting something back for their injury/damages
Locke's preferred government
Locke's Social Contract under Commonwealth
- the law applies to everyone even the enforcer
- laws are made impartial
- laws are ALWAYS enforced
Checks on Legislation
- laws applies to everyone even enforcers
- power limted to public good
- cannot revoke property w/out consent
"tyranny of majority"
What the majority may think might be for the greater good but it really isn't
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview