The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Development Considerations for Examination of:
- 1) Talk w/ caregiver explaining each step as you do it.
- 2) Address child by name.
- 3) Do invasive parts last.
- 1) Introduce yourself to CG & child.
- 2) Explain all steps to CG and most steps to child.
- 3) Allow child to handle instruments.
- 4) Do invasive parts last.
- 1) Allow child to decide order of examination.
- 2) Explain what instruments do and let child try them.
- 3) Speak to CG before&after examination.
- 1) Include the child in all parts of examination.
- 2) Speak to CG before&after examination.
- 3) Avoid medical jargon.
*Explain how body works as this group likes to learn how the body works.
- 1) Use mature language.
- 2) Appeal to teen's desire for self-care.
- 3) Provide privacy.
- 4) Encourage ?s when alone.
Adolescent 2. (3)
- 1) Explain confidentiality to CG & teen.
- 2) Allow time talking w/ them together & separate,ly.
- 3) Use H-2-T approach w/ gen. exam last.
- 1) Consider ESL
- 2) Ask ?s
- 3) Understand importance of meds.
Older Adult. (4)
- 1) Check med history.
- 2) Hearing ability
- 3) Speak clearly
- 4) Allow for more time