Communication 2: Phases of nurse-client r'ship (wks1-3 for Exam 1)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When begin & end?
What do you establish? (4)
Begins when the nurse-client meet and ends when identify problems.
- Purposes of meetings and next
- Identify problems
- Clarify expectations
Working (longest phase)
What's important about this phase? (3)
This phase is otherwise known as which type of phase?
- INTERaction is important.
- INTERpersonal skills is important.
- Meet Pt's physical & psychological needs.
EX: providing assistance to achieve goals.
*Known as the TEACHER/COUNSELOR phase.
When can termination happen?
What should you do w/ the Pt?
@ change-of-shift time, discharge, nurse leaves for vacation.
- Examine goals & progress.
- Pt should be encouraged to express emotions about termination.
- May cause negative emotions.
- -support Pt.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview