Chapter 3: The Interview
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The interview is mainly based on _?_.
What are the steps of the process of communication?
- Awareness of internal and external factors
What are internal factors in nursing care?
- Liking others
- Ability to listen
What are external factors in nursing care?
- Ensure privacy
- Refuse interruptions
- Physical environment
- Note-taking may be unavoidable
- Tape and video recording
What are techniques of communication during an interview?
- Introducing the interview
- Working phase (data gathering phase)
- Responses: Assisting the narrative
What are the ten traps of interviewing?
- 1. Providing false assurance or reassurance
- 2. Giving unwanted advice
- 3. Using authority
- 4. Using avoidance language
- 5. Engaging in distancing
- 6. Using professional jargon
- 7. Using leading or biased questions
- 8. Talking too much
- 9. Interrupting
- 10. Using "why" questions
What are some nonverbal skills?
- Physical appearance
- Facial expression
- Eye contact
What are some tips in cross culture communication?
- Cultural perspectives on professional interactions
- Space and distance
- Cultural considerations of gender
- Cultural considerations of sexual orientation
Five types of nonverbal behaviors convey information about person and they are:
- Vocal cues
- Action cues
- Object cues
- Personal space
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview