The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What 2 things have to happen for a neighboring OSPF router to become an adjacent OSPF router?
- - Two way communication via the hello protocol
- -Database synchronization
What are the three types of pacts used to synchronize OSPF databases?
- -Database Description (DD)
- -Link-State Request (LSR)
- -Link-State Update (LSU)
What 4 things have to match for OSPF to form an adjacency?
- -Hello and Dead Timers
- -Authentication (if configured)
What is the Backbone Area and the Backbone Routers?
The Backbone Area is is area 0. The Backbone routers are all the routers in area 0.
What is an Autonomous System Border Router?
It is a router in an OSPF area that also connects to a none OSPF network.
With OSPF what is an LSA?
Link-State Advertisement (LSA)
How many types of OSPF LSAs are there?
What is an OSPF type 1 LSA, and how does it interact within OSPF areas?
- -Router Link Advertisement (RLA)
- -Every router will send out RLAs to other routers in its area.
- -contains things like Its RID, IP information, and interface state.
What is an OSPF type 2 LSA, and how does it interact within OSPF areas?
- -Network Link Advertisement (NLA)
- -They are generated by DRs.
- -They are sent out to the routers within that area containing DR and BDR IP information.
What is an OSPF type 3 LSA, and how does it interact within OSPF areas?
- -Summary Link Advertisment (SLA)
- -These LSAs are sent out by ABRs (Area Border Routers). They are sent toward the external area from which they originated.
- -They advertise networks to the external area and area border routes to the DRs.
What is an OSPF type 4 LSA, and how does it interact within OSPF areas?
- -ASBR Summary Advertisements
- -They are sent into an area from the area border router to advertise the summary of a route to a ASBR in an external area.
What is an OSPF type 5 LSA, and how does it interact within OSPF areas?
- -AS External Link Advertisements
- -These are sent by ASBRs. They are used to advertise links that are external to the Autonomous System. They are sent through out the AS and one is sent out for every external network.
Match the areas with the numbers.
In what order does OSPF choose it's RID?
- 1.If the RID is set it will use this first.
- 2.If the RID is not set it will use the highest
- loopback interface
- 3.If neither RID or loopback is set then it will
- use the highest interface ip address.