- 1-1/2lbs chicken breasts
- 1-14oz can lite coconut milk, divided
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette (or something similar)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- chopped salted peanuts, optional
Cut chicken breasts in half then lay in the bottom of a 5.5 – 6 quart crock pot.
Add 3/4 cup coconut milk and 3/4 cup spicy peanut vinaigrette on top then lift chicken breasts to get liquid underneath.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours, or until very tender.
When chicken has 20 minutes left, make Coconut Rice.
Heat coconut oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
Add green onion, garlic, and thyme then saute until tender, 2 minutes.
Add remaining coconut milk (1 cup,) water, and salt then bring to a boil.
Add rice, place a lid on top, then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer until rice is tender, 15-20 minutes.
Scoop rice onto plates then top with chicken and drizzle cooking liquid on top.
Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired, then serve.