ADP/ADRP 5-0 The Operations Process
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the principles for the effective use of the operations process:
- Commanders drive the operations process.
- Build and maintain situational understanding.
- Apply critical and creative thinking.
- Encourage collaboration and dialogue.
The integrating processes are—
- Intelligence preparation of the battlefield.
- Risk management.
An effective battle rhythm—
- Establishes a routine
- Facilitates interaction.
- Facilitates planning
Planning and plans help leaders—
- Understand and develop solutions to problems.
- Anticipate events and adapt to changing
- Task-organize the force
Methodologies that assist commanders and staffs with planning include—
- Army design methodology.
- The military decision making process(MDMP).
- Troop leading procedures(TLP).
What ADP/ADRP covers the operation process
GUIDES TO EFFECTIVE PLANNING
- Commanders focus planning.
- Develop simple, flexible plans through mission orders.
- Optimize available planning time.
- Continually refine the plan.
four planning pitfalls
- Attempting to forecast and dictate events too far in to the future.
- Trying to plan in too much detail.
- Using the plan as a script for execution.
- Institutionalizing rigid planning methods.
FUNDAMENTALS OF EXECUTION
- Seize the initiative.
- Accept risk.
what is the operation process
plan, prepare, execute, and assess
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview