The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How must the the control stand be placed when in Trail?
When installing jumper cables red means what?
Green means what?
The MU hoses must be properly aligned for air brakes to function. What is the alignment, way to lace, and pressure for the MU operations?
- Break Pipe Hose--Regulating or Feed valve Setting
- Main Reservoir Equalizing hose--130-145 PSI
- Actuating Hose--0 or 130-145 PSI
- Independent Application and Release Hose--0-45 PSI
Lead Unit Set Up
2) Dynamic Break
3) Selector lever
4 Combination power/brake
5) Reverser Handle
- 1) Idle
- 2) Off
- 3) Off (EMD control stand)
- 4) Lever in Idle
- 5) Centered and removed
Switch set up
1)Lead unit Set up
2)Engine Run, Generator Field, Control/fuel pump
5) Isolation switch
6) Dynamic Break Cut out
7)Control Stand and platform lights
8) Reverser lights
9) Dynamic brake control circuit breaker
- 1) On/Up/Closed
- 2) setup switch for proper lead
- 3)if unit is identifying lead Loco consist
- 4) On
- 5) Run
- 7)as necessary
- 8)centered and removed
1) Position of end platforms
2) Safety Chains
walkway platforms must be down between individual locomotives and the may be up at the end of the consists
Safety chains must provide a continuous barrier, have enough slack to prevent handrails from being bent.
Slack may not have more than six "
Safety chains at end of consist will have minimal slack.
Breaking locomotive consists
do not break by hand
Positioning controls and changing ends
- includes positioning both lead and trail
- A) automatic breaks
- B) independent brakes
- C) engine run switch
- D) generator field switch
- E) control fuel pump switch
- F) isolation switch
- D) headlight setup switch
The locomotives main reservoir system:
- 1) produces air
- 2) maintains and
- 3) replenishes air pressure for the train's air break system
There are two main reservoirs on each locomotive name and describe.
- Reservoir # 1 Conductor's side
- Auxiliary- bells, horn, sanders
Reservoir #2 Engineer side supplies air to the air brake components
The main reservoir equalizing hose is
connected to the main reservoir and used to connect all reservoirs in the locomotive consist to create a common volume of air for brake operation.