The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what FM covers Guard duty
What are the three general orders?
- 1. I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved.
- 2. I will obey my special orders and perform all my duties in a military manner.
- 3.I will report violations of my special orders, emergencies, and anything not covered in my instructions to the
Commander of the Relief.
What two types of orders can a guard receive?
- 1. General orders
- 2. Special orders
What are you normally responsible for at your guard post?
Your post and all government property in view
What is deadly force?
The power to cause death or severe bodily harm
What specifies the time for challenging?
The special orders
Who is responsible for the instruction, discipline and performance of the guards?
The commander of the guards
What are the two words that the countersign consists of?
Challenge and Password
What is the proper use of deadly force?
Only the minimum amount of force necessary to make an apprehension
What are the two different types of guard mountings?
What is your chain of command as a guard?
- 1. Commander of the relief
- 2. Sergeant of the guard
- 3. Officer of the guard
- 4. Field officer of the day
- 5. Commanding officer at the level responsible for the guard mount
What is F.O.D.?
Field Officer of the Day
What are two types of guard duty?
- 1. Interior guard
- 2. Exterior guard
How long will a guard normally stay at his post?
2 to 4 hours
What are three examples of exterior guard?
- 1. Lookouts
- 2. Listening posts
- 3. Outposts