Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the dietary recommendations for managing DM in terms of carbs, proteins, fats?
- General dietary recommendations:
- Carbs 45-60% use low glycemic index choices
- Protein 15-20%
- Fat <35% monosaturated preferred
can lower HbA1C by 1-2% alone
Classic Triad of PHEochromocytoma
- Episodic sweating
The 5 P's of Pheochromocytoma
- Pain-headache (80%)
- Perspiration (70%)
- Palpitation (65%)
- Pallor (40%)
- Pressure – hypertension (90%)
- The 6th P is paroxysmal!!!!!
- Drugs, movements, urination, beta blockers
The pheochromocytoma rule of 10’s
- 10% extramedullary
- 10% in children
- 10% bilateral
- 10% malignant
- 10% incidentally discovered
- 10% re-occur after surgical removal
- 10 % familial (more like 20%)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview