The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- "power to persuade"
- to be able to convince people that what the gov't wants done is also in the interest of the people.
Head of State
- a symbolic representative of the whole nation
Head of Government
an actual representation of the whole nation
Legislative Power of the President
- State of the Union Address
- Veto/Pocket Veto
- Executive Orders
- Judicial Appointments
what does the State of the Union Address establish
President's interpretation of laws passed by Congress
judicial powers of the president
- Judges are appointed for life
- must be 2/3 voted for in Senate
Executive powers of president
Commander in Chief