1. An impulse wave was traveling further than the previous one on the SPX chart. What wave was it?
The wave could be 3rd which can be reaching to the level 2.618 or 4.618 times length of the previous wave.
2. Could be a wave 2 a triangle.
No (not unbreakble), triangle always occurs before final move or final move of the combination.
3. What is the most important factor in the wave recognition?
The internal construction of each wave. Does it subdivide into 3 or 5?
4. If you count the wave as shown, which rule are you violating? Choose one answer.
-- You cannot have a 1-2-1-2 pattern
-- You have not violated any rules
-- Wave 2 cannot go below the top of Wave 1
You cannot have a 1-2-1-2 pattern
5. Diagonal rule: A diagonal always subdivides into ____ waves.
6. Zigzag rule: A zigzag always subdivides into ____ waves.
7. Zigzag rule: Wave A always subdivides into an impulse wave or a _____.
8. Zigzag rule: Wave B never goes beyond the start of wave ____ except in a bull trap.
9. Zigzag: The final wave of a zigzag is wave ____, and is called a killer wave because it wipes out many trades going with the trend, but when its over, its over, and its time to get back into the trend.
10. Zigzag: Wave ___ can be predicted by the length of the A wave.
11. Zigzag info: When you see 5 waves down, then 3 waves up.... you buy or sell?
12. Flat rule: Wave ____ always retraces at least 90% of wave A.
13. Flat rule: Wave ____ is never a triangle.
14. Flat: In a regular flat, wave____ drops below the end of wave A.
15. How does the flat pattern subdivide?
The pattern is an A-B-C, with A and B 3-wave corrective forms, and wave C is a 5-wave impuse.
16. Triangle rule: A triangle always subdivides into how many waves?
17. How does the triangle pattern correct?
A triangle has a 3-3-3-3-3 pattern in a sideways, or against the trend.
18. In flat pattern, Wave B usually retraces between ____% and ____% of Wave A
100%(regular) to 138%(irregular)
19. Sometimes Wave 5 does not move beyond the end of Wave 3, in which case it is called a __________.
20. Wave 2 is usually _______ pattern.
Usually zigzag or zigzag combination
21. When Wave 5 is extended, it is often in proportion to ______
The net travel of Waves 1 through 3
22. Wave 4 is almost always __________ corrective pattern from Wave 2.
23. Wave 4 typically ends when it is within __________.
Sub-wave 4 of Wave 3 (Not always!).
24. In zigzag, wave B typically retraces __________ to __________% of Wave A.
Typically 38% to 62%
25. Zigzag: Wave C is often about the same length as __________, and almost always ends beyond the end of __________.
Wave A/Wave A
26. Wave C in flat pattern is usually between _____% and _____% as long as Wave A.
Usually 100% and 162%
27. Triangle: A diagonal triangle always subdivides into __________.
Always five waves
28. Triangle: Wave 4 always ends within the price territory of _____.
29. Triangle: Waves 2 and 4 retrace ______ to ______ of the preceding wave.
62% to 81%
30. The first wave of a new impulsive price movement tends to stop at (a)______, which normally is the (b)_______ wave. This often coincides with the (c)__% or (d)__% retracement of the previous correction.
Target for wave1
(a)the base of the previous correction (b)Wave B or Wave 4. (c)38.2% (d)61.8%
31. Target for wave 4
Wave 4 retraces at least (a)____% of wave 3, but more often reaches a (b)____% retracement. It normally reaches the territory of (c)_____.
(a)23.8%, (b)38.2% (c)subwave 4 of the previous Wave 3
32. Corrective A (after impulse wave):
In a zigzag, Wave A often retraces _____% of the prior Wave 5
33. In an expanding flat (irregular flat), Wave B usually will travel (a)___% of (b)______.
(a)138.2% (b)Wave A
34. Correction Wave C: Generally, Wave C is equal to (a)_____ or travels (b)___% of wave A.
(a)Wave A (b)161.8%
35. Wave X: Wave X commonly retraces (a)___% of (b)__________.
(a)61.8% (b)A-B-C combination
36. When a series of overlapping pattern as horizontal or diagonal triangle are not seen (expected), price move possibly turns out to be ______
37. What is one of the ways to recognize 3rd wave on the chart?
Watching it by its slope. 3rd wave is steeper than 1st wave.
38. ______ will usually occur in the wave iii of wave 3
39. Wave 5 is (a)___ or (b)___ times as long as the price traveled from wave1 through wave3. And very often wave 5 is also (c)___ times the length of wave1
(a)0.38 (b)0.62 (c)1.62(if extended)
40. When wave 3 extends, wave ___ tend to be equal to the length of wave 1.
41. When wave 3 extends, wave 5 tend to be equal to the ____ taken for the wave 1.
42. When the wave 2 retraces less than 50% of wave 1, traders can expect wave 3 to (a)____ with a high probability. This tendency increase if wave 2 makes (b)____ pattern.
(a)extend (b)flat (& irregular flat)
43. Wave 3 usually travels the farthest in the shortest _____.
44. Wave c is always made up of __ subdivided waves.
45. Alternation: When wave 2 has retraced 61.8 percent or more of wave 1, wave 4 would very likely retrace ____ of wave 3
38.2% or LESS
46. If triangle pattern occurs, it should be the ____ pattern in the correction phase.
last... in double three, triple three, and et al.
47. Two successive ____ forming double three implies a third phase, usually a triagle.
48. If a correction starts with sideways pattern (Flat, Irregular flat, or triangle), the correction is usually limited to _____ retracement.
49. It is more common for (a)____ to be simple (zigzag or double zigzag) and (b)____ to be complex (any corrective pattern).
(a)wave 2 (b)wave 4
50. The most typical retracement for wave 4 is ____ of the length of wave 3.
51. If a wave 5 failure occurs, the ensuing retracement will likely be ____ correction.
52. Correction started with a 3-wave structure, traders would rule out (a)____ pattern and expect the correction likely to trace out (b)___ or (c)____ form.
(a)zigzag (b)flat (c)irregular flat
53. It is extremely common for wave C in irregular flat correction to be ____ times of wave A
1.618... (Irregular flat is common in M5 and H1 chart.)
54. When a wave B reaches the start of wave A, what do EW traders think?
Wave B would form flat pattern in which the price retrace at the start of wave A, and if wave B goes beyond the start of wave A, it would extend 1.38 times of wave A.
55. Wave b in irregular correction is 1.62 times of wave A, wave C tend to end with _____ of wave A
56. Triangle is reliable form and its appearance is practically guarantee that the previous trend will _____.
57. Normal for wave e of triangle to exceed the boundary line. It is called _____ (2 words).
58. The wave E of a triangle made "breakout". Then, most traders think of ______
Thinking of "false breakout", they watch if the price passes wave C of the triangle.
59. Triangle: Alternative waves within horizontal triangles are usually related by a ratio of ____.
0.618 (C=.618A, D=.618B and E=.618C)
60. Zigzag correction tends to retrace ___% of preceeding impulse wave.
61. Wave B in a zigzag normally retrace ____% of preceeding wave A
62. X wave in a double zigzag often reach the same level as the preceeding wave ___
B ... (X wave can take any shape)
63. Eighty percent of diagonal triangle occur as the wave (a)__ of wave 3, or wave (b)___.
(a)v (wave v of wave 3) (b)C
64. If you can count a minor 5 waves getting past a reflex point, a tiny wave __ could have completed.
65. When you enter the market, there is ONE thing to do. What is it?
Place the stoploss order.
66. When 3rd and 5th waves extended respectively, there would be a greater chance for a sharp ______ once 5th wave was completed
***Brief correction (w4) could be predicted after extended 3rd wave.
67. When wave 3 extends, the ensuing wave 4 has tendency to come down by _____ wave.
short/brief (23.6% or 38.2% of wave 3)
68. A failed 5th wave (diagonal triangle) came after a 4th wave, next correction seems to be quite _____.
strong Some traders spot the failure as first wave of extended 5th.
69. After impulsive waves are completed, the set of a-b-c correction is _____ than either wave 2 or wave 4.
i.e. abc>w2(30pts, 1hr) or w4(25pts 1.5hrs)
70. There are four main categories of corrective waves.
Zigzag, flat, irregular, triangle and combination
71. Zigzag correction is usually (a)_____ in size and takes (b)____ in time than wave 2 and 4
i.e. zigzag abc>w2(30pts, 1hr) or w4(25pts 1.5hrs)
72. When wave A is made up of 3 waves, this itself signals ________ to correct.
a lack of strength
73. When wave 3 extended, traders can anticipate wave 4 could be _____.
flat formation, and brief retracement (23.6% or 38.2%)
74. If wave 2 has been a zigzag correction, upcoming wave 4 could be _____ pattern.
flat (not always)
75. Wave C in a flat tends to finish at ____% projection of wave A.
76. If corrective wave A came down in 3 waves, wave B would come close or go beyond the _____ of wave A
top (this move later forms flat or irregular pattern)
77. If either wave 2 or wave 4 is an irregular correction, the next impulse wave will be very ____.
strong (if w1 and w3 were normal and w4 was an irregular, w5 would be extending)
78. Diagonal triangle is often found before the upcoming wave is likely to ______.
extend (wave 4 forming diagonal triangle is often seen on the chart)
79. A strong price action after digonal triangle pattern is often seen in the __ minute chart, especially in forex market