The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Clauses vs. Phrases
- Clause- subject and a verb
- ~who is it
- ~what she does
- ~who's in there, why is she in there, what is she doing...etc
Author's name....Title of work.... What has author done.... why did he do what...
- Student learned
- Student waited
- When she teaches....
- As the minutes ticked by...
Loose Vs. Periodic
- Loose- Independent then Dependent
- ex. ms. Garwood teaches her class when everyone is paying attention.
- Periodic- Dependent then Independent
- Ex. When she found out, he got in trouble.
- Adj- tells what kind , Which, how many, how much
- ex. The store around the corner is painted green
The girl with the blue hair
Adv- tells how, when, where, why
- Ex. Oscar s painting his house with the help of his friends.
- (how is he painting his house? with the help of his friend.)
- Sally is coloring outside the lines.
- (where is sally coloring? outside the lines)
identifies a noun or pronoun
My doctor, a man with gray hair, is very fat.