1.) What is an important consideration regarding thrust reverser operation during TO & Landing?
TO & Landing are not authorized if either thrust reverser is inoperative;
- AND the runway is contaminated with clutter.
- OR the braking action is less than GOOD.
What is the minimum altitude for engaging the autopilot?
3.) What is the minimum altitude for LNAV engagement after TO or missed approach?
- (CL) – 400’ AGL
- [NG] – Can be engaged on the ground.
4.) What is the Max operating speed with the Mach Trim inoperative?
- (CL) – .74 Mach
- [NG] – .82 Mach
5.) What are the min. engine oil quantity requirements for the Classics?
- 2 gal. for flights with a scheduled block of less than 2 hrs.
- or 2.5 gal. for flights with a scheduled block of > 2 hrs.
- or 3 gal. for flights that depart from a maintenance base/station.
- The captain must arrange for engine oil servicing when terminating at a non-maintenance base when the oil quantity is < 2.5 gal.
6.) What is the Max. Tailwind comp, including gusts, for TO & Land?
7.) What is the Max. allowable in-flight difference between Capt. & First Officer altimeters for RVSM ops.?
8.) What is the Max. pressure altitude for TO & Landing?
9.) What is the Max wind velocity for all TO’s & Landings?
50 kts steady,
70 kts peak gusts
10.) How long should the APU be operated before opening the bleed valves?
(Note: On the (CL)’s, the APU bleed air switch should be off for at least 2 min. before the APU is shut down.)
11.) Can an airplane be dispatched on a revenue flt. if all lavatories are inop?
12.) What is normal AC voltage output?
115 volts +/- 5 volts
13.) With the speedbrake load alleviation system inop, what are the speed & weight limitations?
-700 w/winglets = 320 kts & 143,000 lbs
-300 w/winglets = 320 kts & 125,000 lbs
14.) What is the Max. gear extension speed?
270 kts / .82 mach
15.) What is the Max. Turbulence Penetration Speed above 15,000’?
[NG] 280 kts / .76 Mach
(CL) 280 kts / .73 Mach
16.) Can an aircraft be dispatched on a revenue flt. if the landing gear must remain down?
17.) When are the autothrottles Required to be disengaged?
In SEVERE turbulence.
18.) What is the minimum runway MU value for TO & Landing?
TO or Landing is not authorized if the most current runway friction Mu report includes a value of 20 or Less for any section of the runway.
19.) What is the Max. gear extended speed?
320 KIAS / .82 MACH
20.) What is the Max. gear retraction speed?
21.) When must AUTOBRAKES be used for landing?
- On any Rwy that is not DRY (i.e., WET GOOD, WET-FAIR, WET-POOR),
- Or, if the reported vis. is < 4000 RVR or ¾ mile,
- Or, if landing with < flaps 30 (e.g., single-eng. landing or abnormal config.)
22.) What is the Max cabin differential for TO & landing?
23.) How long should you wait after APU shutdown before turning the battery off?
- (CL) > 20 seconds (APU inlet door)
- [NG] > 2 min. after the APU GEN OFF BUS light extinguishes prior to positioning the battery switch OFF.
24.) When is Engine Anti-Ice required?
- In icing conditions:
- During climb & cruise > -40º C
- And in any temp during descent.
25.) When can VNAV be engaged?
VNAV will not be engaged for TO, initial climb, or missed Appch. Until flap retraction is complete.
26.) Can an aircraft be dispatched on revenue flights if the aircraft must remain unpressurized?
27.) What are the minimum engine oil quantity requirements for NG’s?
60% (regardless if maintenance station or not), OR
70% for flights departing from a maintenance base.
The captain must arrange for engine oil servicing when terminating at a non-maintenance base when the oil quantity is <65% (Note: With oil quantities of <65%, low quantity alerts may be experienced during initial TO & climb.)
28.) What are the engine starter duty cycle limitations?
- [NG] 2 minutes on with 10 sec. between start attempts
- (CL) 2 minutes ON, 20 sec. OFF, 2 min ON, then 3 min. cooling before next & each subsequent attempt.
- Motoring (fuel off): 15 minutes (CL & NG)
29.) What is the Max. X-wind comp. for landing with braking action reported as FAIR?
30.) What is the Max headwind component for HGS AIII mode?
25 KIAS (Note: the OPC does not highlight this limitation.)
31.) What is the Max. Turbulence Penetration Speed < 15,000’?
32.) What is the Minimum onboard fuel for ground operation of the electric hydraulic pumps?
- 1,675 pounds in the respective wing tank.
33.) What is the Maximum fuel imbalance?
34.) How long should you wait before turning on Engine & APU bleeds after de-icing?
35.) What is the Safety Relief Differential pressure?
- [NG] 9.10 psi
- (CL) 8.65 psi
36.) When must the APU bleed air valve be closed?
- When Ground air is connected & isolation valve is OPEN,
- OR when isolation valve & # 2 engine bleed valve OPEN,
- OR when the #1 engine bleed valve is OPEN.
- Note: The APU bleed valve may be OPEN during engine start, provided engine power is not above idle.
37.) What is the Max. X-wind comp. for landing with RVR < 4000 or ¾ mile?
38.) What is the minimum altitude for disengaging the autopilot during approach?
DA/DDA -50’, but not < 50 AGL.
39.) What is the normal battery voltage range?
40.) What is the Max. brake temp for ground turn around on the (CL) and -700?
The Temp must be measured between 10 & 15 minutes after arrival parking.
41.) When is a flap 40 landing recommended?
- Negative [bracketed] OPC stopping margin under Min(2) for flaps 30
- Reported braking action < Good
- Weather is at or near min’s for the approach to be flown
42.) What steps should you accomplish when operating in or near moderate to heavy rain, hail, or sleet?
Follow turbulent air penetration procedures & set Engine Start Switches to FLT.
43.) When is the use of LNAV prohibited?
Do not use LNAV if the message “UNABLE REQD NAV PERF-RNP” is active.
44.) What is the Max. X-wind component for landing with braking action reported as POOR?
45.) What is the Max. X-wind comp. for TO &
• 35 KIAS
46.) When is verification of the overwing exit handle cover required?
Prior to departure with passengers
47.) What is the Max. tire speed?
• 195 KIAS
48.) When must the Gasper Fan be turned off?
(CL) above 10,000’ (Gasper fans are deactivated on the -700)
49.) What is the minimum ground turn around time for an -800 if the Max. quick turnaround weight is exceeded?
• 48 minutes, non-reducible
50.) What is the normal AC frequency?
• 400 cps +/- 10 cps
51.) What is the requirement for starting the APU while airborne?
Only when directed by a QRH procedure or by the OPC.
52.) What are the gear operating speeds?
- 235 kt for retraction
- 270 kt/0.82 Mach for extension
- 320 kt/0.82 Mach extended.
53.) What are the Max Flap Limit speeds?
1 - 250 KIAS 15 - 195 KIAS
2 - 250 KIAS 25 - 170 KIAS
5 - 250 KIAS 30 - 165 KIAS
10 - 210 KIAS 40 - 156 KIAS
(FRM B737-700/-800, 9-10)
54.) What are the [-700] maximum operating weights?
- Max Taxi Weight – 155,000 lbs
- Max TO Weight - 154,500 lbs
- Max Land. Weight – 128,000 lbs
- Max Zero Fuel Wt. – 120,500 lbs
55.) Maximum external air pressure?
56.) Is the use of a pack is authorized when a preconditioned air source is being used to heat or cool the aircraft?
57.) What condition will require us to switch the igniters to the FLT position?
- In, or in the vicinity of Moderate or Greater Precipitation, (moderate to heavy rain, hail, or sleet.)
- In these conditions, you should also follow turbulent air penetration procedures.
58.) Flight operation within ____ miles of thunderstorm activity should be avoided?
59.) On the first flight of the day, operate engines at or near idle, after rollback, for a minimum of ____ minutes prior to applying takeoff thrust?
60.) Reverse thrust, if operative, must be used on all landings at a minimum of detent ___ unless a higher level is specified?
61.) What 2 things must be done before an aircraft can be towed forward?