C NMR (Carbon NMR)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What do you find in the 5 - 30 ppm region?
- Alkane Carbons attached to just H's or other carbons
- (thus the low chemical shift.. boring!)
What do you find in the 30 - 80 ppm region?
- N/O/X Carbons
- (Carbons attached to either a Nitrogen, Oxygen, or a Halogen)
What do you find in the 100 - 140 ppm region?
- C NMR, 100 - 140 region:
- Alkene Carbons
- (Carbons double-bonded to another Carbon)
- Note: if both Carbons are equivalent (have same substituents otherwise, e.g. 2 H's) then the Carbons would appear the exact same!
- (i.e. if the Alkene is the point of symmetry)
What do you find in the 120 - 150 ppm region?
- C NMR, 120 - 150 ppm region
- Aromatic Carbons
(note: is shifted an offset slightly higher than regular Alkene Carbons [which are 100-140] simply because with these Carbons, there are more
total Alkene carbons)
What do you find in the 160 - 220 ppm region?
- Carbonyl Carbons
- (i.e. Carbons double-bonded to an Oxygen)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview