Organization and Management Quiz 19
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 6 characteristics of a mechanistic organization?
- 1) High specialization
- 2) Rigid departmentalization
- 3) Clear chain of command
- 4) Narrow spans of control
- 5) Centralization
- 6) High formalization
What are the 6 identified characteristics of an organic organization?
- 1) Cross-fuctioned teams
- 2) Cross-hierarchal teams
- 3) Free flow of information
- 4) Wide spans of control
- 5) Decentralization
- 6) Low formalization
What causes productivity to rise from increased specialization?
What are the five common forms of departmentalization?
- 1) Group jobs according to function
- 2) Group jobs according to geographic region
- 3) Group jobs by product line
- 4) Group jobs on the basis of product or customer flow
- 5) Group jobs on the basis of specific and unique customer
What are the two types of authority depicted in exhibit 10-5?
- 1) Line authority
- 2) Staff authority
What is span of control?
The number of employees a manager can efficiently and effectively manage
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview