Nervous System Anatomy
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the functions of the nervous system?
- regulation of muscle groups
- sensory reception
- behaviors necessary for survival
What are the divisions of the nervous system?
- sensory division (afferent)
- motor division (efferent)
What is the sensory division of the nervous system?
- transmits info from periphery to the CNS
- contains receptors
- somatic or visceral
What is the motor division of the nervous system?
- transmits info from CNS to the rest of the body
- sends motor information to effectors
- somatic or autonomic
- ex: skeletal muscles
- ex: cardiac and smooth muscles
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview