rise of rome.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
rise of rome:
rome quickly absorbed by_____and ruling by kingship
in ____bc, kings overthrown and area reclaimed
leading to roman republic
- rome looked to athens
- statues of harmodius and aristogeiton in place
- rome asserts itself into italy and goes through treaty breaking phase
- rome went into conflict with karthage a naval power
- romans were terrible at sea, so they lost
- rome realized needed to invest in naval warfare, but were better on land
- rome stumbled onto a karthaginian shipwreck
- rome used shipwreck as bases for plotting attack and therefore made bridges to connect to ships and fight on solid grounding like land.
- rome defeated karthage
2nd punic war - hannibalic war, scipio africanus defeated hannibal, making rome victor
3rd war - rome started, tore everything down. after defeating karthage - rome stood as strongest empire in mediterranian. conquered all of alex the greats kingdoms except parthia
5 good emporers and significance
they aimed for constant restoration and prosperity for people and land. did not owe their leadership to military advancement and did not choose their children as their successors.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview